Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about some pictures showing 19" rims. I hear there are alot more tire options available.
I'd like a quieter tire for daily driving.

thanks

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
How about some pictures showing 19" rims. I hear there are alot more tire options available.
I'd like a quieter tire for daily driving.

thanks
19" rims are common choice for track use and usually with smaller tires less than 27" tire diameter

Volk RE-30 19" wheels and Hoosier A6 race tires with KW Variant 3 Coilovers with over 1.5" drop

For street use you want close to stock tire diameter of about 28"

19 x 10 to 10.5 in the front
19x 11 to 11.5 in the rear would work if you want wider than stock and to make the most tire contact patch.

Some possible street tire sizes-

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Max Summer tires 220 treadwear and good for street use but can be expensive
275/40-19 fits rims 9-11" wide and can be used for front and rear wheels even 11.5" wide. 27.7" tire diameter
285/40-19 fits rims 9.5-11" wide, 28" tire diameter

·
Registered
791 Posts
Here's my GTR with 19" RE30 rims (10" front, 11" rear).
Tires: R888 295/30-19

completely stock suspension.

The fronts are pretty flush. Rears probably need a 20mm spacer to look like fronts.

As AutoxGTR notes, these wheels are not as tall as stock wheel set up. So, my car is probably now @1" lower than it was when completely stock.

FYI, this is NOT a quiet ride setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here are my RE30's in 19 inch.

305 on the rear
295 on the front

car is lower and needs coilovers for track work.

the wheels and tires completely change the dynamics of the car.
Can you expand on the change in dynamics? I really hate the ride on the GTR. As I have said before, my Corvette was transformed with better coilovers and nonrunflats. Ride is so much better and still has more than enough handling for the street. Even on comfort mode Nissan just made a huge mistake not offering a better street comfort setting. BMW does ride so much better even with non runflats, at least compliant, and the new Vettes with magnetic ride are also good. Just really disappointed with this aspect of the car. If I can't change it, I may sell it next year. The weight of the car simply is inexcusable also. It would be SO MUCH better of a car if these two aspects were strongly addressed by Nissan. And yes, for this price maintenance should be included in a "world supercar".

·
Registered
86 Posts
well firstly the car is much much softer on 19's and semi slicks. in fact you can drive around in R mode and it feels softer than the confort mode with the runflats - sounds like this is what you are after.

The steering seems a bit faster and the brakes have far more bite probably due to each wheel and tire being 7kg lighter than the OEM runflats.

There is a lot more tire noise though from the R888's because they are semi slicks.

Whilst the car is much smoother to drive im not sure that handling is improved by this new combo. The car in my opinion likes the stiffer run flats and whilst its rough on the road with the OEM's it feels more planted. Hard conering the car seems to skip and move around more (obviously cause the tire has more sidewall flex).

I havent had a chance to take the thing out on some country roads and flog the nuts out of it yet with the R888's. im actually a bit secptical to do this because if you get a flat tire your stuffed. i will do it to compare though and i'll let you know what i think.

im only using the 19's with Semi Slicks on track and for driving to and from the track.

Otherwise i'll keep using the OEM tires for the road.

·
jbmnsx
346 Posts
I am planning on getting a set of 19s for track use. What offset is recommended for the wheels?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Here's my GTR with 19" RE30 rims (10" front, 11" rear).
Tires: R888 295/30-19

completely stock suspension.

The fronts are pretty flush. Rears probably need a 20mm spacer to look like fronts.

As AutoxGTR notes, these wheels are not as tall as stock wheel set up. So, my car is probably now @1" lower than it was when completely stock.

FYI, this is NOT a quiet ride setup.
Is this the same diameter as stock? it looks really small.............

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
I am planning on getting a set of 19s for track use. What offset is recommended for the wheels?
-RE30-
19x10 +30 front
19x11 +25 rear

Volk RE30 (somewhat aggressive)
Front: 19×10 +30
Rear: 19×11 +25

Volk TE37 (conservative)
Front: 19×9.5 +40
Rear: 19×10.5 +22

Volk TE37 (somewhat aggressive)
Front: 19×9.5 +35
Rear: 19×10.5 +15

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
street. Even on comfort mode Nissan just made a huge mistake not offering a better street comfort setting. BMW does ride so much better even with non runflats, at least compliant, and the new Vettes with magnetic ride are also good.
The ride is mostly related to the spring rate. The adjustment in cab is for dampening. It will give some slight changes to the ride, but it can not change the spring rate. An OEM spring/shock can only go so far, as its a mass produced off the shelf part. Nissan has done spring and dampening changes from 2009-2011, but most of the specifications of the actual changes are not released to the public.

The Penske's are 22 lbs lighter than the factory dampers - 39 lbs vs 61 lbs. 22 lbs of unsprung weight. You can look up what pi-man had to say about them. He thought that the ride was more comfortable than stock, and he managed to pickup about 3 seconds at the track. http://www.2009gtr.com/2010/07/stillen-pen...-r-two-way.html .

·
Registered
791 Posts
Is this the same diameter as stock? it looks really small.............
Definitely not same diameter.

Toyo R888
295 30 19 = 26" diameter
305 30 19 = 26.5" diameter

Stock RE070
255 40 20 and 285 35 20 = 27.8" diameter

So it drops the car a little less than an inch to go with 295s on all 4 corners (divide difference in diameter by two to calculate vehicle drop).

·
jbmnsx
346 Posts
-RE30-
19x10 +30 front
19x11 +25 rear

Volk RE30 (somewhat aggressive)
Front: 19×10 +30
Rear: 19×11 +25

Volk TE37 (conservative)
Front: 19×9.5 +40
Rear: 19×10.5 +22

Volk TE37 (somewhat aggressive)
Front: 19×9.5 +35
Rear: 19×10.5 +15
Thank you very much.

John

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hey guys..I've just gotten the Volk RE30's in 19" diameter as well..

However, I really dont want to go spend thousands of dollars on coilovers at this point.

What do you guys think about the Swift Lowering Springs? 1" drop all around..

Also, anyone have any pics of their GTR on 19" Volk RE30's using Swift lowering springs?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts