Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thought I would post this for a mutual friend.

My tunner Keny Tran, Ktran, just called me. The first GT-R he built for Don from Dallas Texas, d3GTR, has just run a 10.9 second pas at 129PH! All this on a cold track with 22" wheels.

CONGRATULATIONS, JoTech, Kenny and Don!

More photos and info later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just to let everybody know the Jotech D3GTR ran the fastest recorded time (that I know of) at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, TX. The ¼ mile time recorded was 10.956 seconds (first GTR to break 11 seconds!!!). Oh and get this it was done on 22 inch wheels, three piece wheels. This was done directly after the Hot Import Showdown held at this track - which was an absolutely incredible event that I will not miss in the future. Cliff you did a great job!
I am extremely excited of the performance of this car and give a great thanks to Kenny Tran and the guys Jotech Motorsports in Garland, Texas, for the absolutely incredible job they did with the modifications, dedication, follow up and just damn good work they did with my car. Kenny and I spoke many times over the weekend by phone and he gave me different instructions and opinions on how to get the best time. What's the chances Kenny would know how to run a quarter…LOL.
I am on my way home from the track and will arrive at in about 3 hours. I will either post video and time slip tonight or tomorrow.
I Freaking Love This Car!!!!!
D3

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Thanks John, we knew you were on the cusp... barely beat you to it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Good job way to represent! I think the wheel weight might of helped, you have no run flats?? I think the other guys running 11.00s need to drop the rotating weight to get into the tens, just my thought. Now lets see some vid of that run.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
congrats! looking forward the the video and slip!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Just to let everybody know the Jotech D3GTR ran the fastest recorded time (that I know of) at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, TX. The ¼ mile time recorded was 10.956 seconds (first GTR to break 11 seconds!!!). Oh and get this it was done on 22 inch wheels, three piece wheels. This was done directly after the Hot Import Showdown held at this track - which was an absolutely incredible event that I will not miss in the future. Cliff you did a great job!
I am extremely excited of the performance of this car and give a great thanks to Kenny Tran and the guys Jotech Motorsports in Garland, Texas, for the absolutely incredible job they did with the modifications, dedication, follow up and just damn good work they did with my car. Kenny and I spoke many times over the weekend by phone and he gave me different instructions and opinions on how to get the best time. What's the chances Kenny would know how to run a quarter…LOL.
I am on my way home from the track and will arrive at in about 3 hours. I will either post video and time slip tonight or tomorrow.
I Freaking Love This Car!!!!!
D3
Congrats on the great time!! Can't wait to see the video! Have a safe drive home.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice work D3! Did you use LC? What octane were you running?

Cowboy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice work D3! Did you use LC? What octane were you running?

Cowboy
R

Yes I did use launch control and felt comfortable doing so (but not comfortable enough to do so away from the track....lol) Released at about 3800 RPMs. My 60 foot time was terrible (1.88 sec), but it felt great off the line. I was running with a little over 3/4 or a tank of gas. The last five gallons of the 3/4 was 104 octane.
Another point of interest the temperature was 66 degrees (according to my gauge about 2 minutes before take off). Thanks for the compliment. The only thing wrong with this run was it wasn't against a Z06 or ZR1. Not that I am saying a would have won, but it would have made it a real exciting run.
The amount of attention my car got a the show, and during the runs, was absolutely amazing. There was not a single time today (when my car was parked) that there was not at least 5 people around the car and most were taking pictures with their cells. Really made me feel good. I have several other high end vehicles: Mercedes CLS63 AMG, Maserati Quatroporte, BMW 650 convertible, etc all modded and looking good, but none, I mean none of them get 1/3 the attention and looks as the GTR! Wow guys who own this car have to realize we have something special. This is coming from the one guy who did not care for this car at all 3 months ago and didn't even really like it when he first got it. I only bought it to mod and sell and try to make a few bucks (sorry it's true). I had the car delivered to Jotech instead of to me, so the mods could get started. Three weeks after delivery to him, I am selling the European cars to make more room for my new baby.
D3

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats, D3. I'm curious... did the track try to kick you out for not having a roll bar in the car? (or harnesses, etc.)
I ran an 11.1 yesterday early evening and when I was picking my slip up they told me I could not run any more because I was not set up with a roll bar, etc. I said okay. Went out today and hoped I would get lucky....I did; they didn't say anything. My first run might have been my best one, but I jumped (overanxious) without a time, I knew I was safe for another run. This final run was probably my last chance of the year, I do not live anywhere close to a quarter mile track. I knew I had broken 11 as soon as I had crossed so I will probably be checking on installing the required equipment before next year. I am sure you will break the 11 second barrier this week and probably pass my time, but I am not gonna lie, it was a real rush to be the first to break 11 seconds. Thanks for the PM and the advice you gave me. Anxious to see you break 11 this week.
D3

·
Registered
60 Posts
thats why!!! 104 octain. sweet!
I respectfully disagree. Most of the tank was filled pump gas (93 octane). I was a little over 3/4 of a tank when I made this run. I believe the 5 gallons of 104 helped, but the modifications (and superior driving ability (the later was a joke by the way), is what made this happen. I am familiar with other GTRs that post on this site that run higher octane that this exclusively when racing that have not broken 11 yet.
Respectfully,
D3

·
Registered
84 Posts
Three weeks after delivery to him, I am selling the European cars to make more room for my new baby.
D3
I hear you bro. I bought my car just over list and figured I'd do a quick flip. After getting it modded, it is the last car I'm going to see leaving my garage. The little sob really gets in your blood, doesn't it?

Cowboy

·
Registered
596 Posts
I ran an 11.1 yesterday early evening and when I was picking my slip up they told me I could not run any more because I was not set up with a roll bar, etc. I said okay. Went out today and hoped I would get lucky....I did; they didn't say anything. My first run might have been my best one, but I jumped (overanxious) without a time, I knew I was safe for another run. This final run was probably my last chance of the year, I do not live anywhere close to a quarter mile track. I knew I had broken 11 as soon as I had crossed so I will probably be checking on installing the required equipment before next year. I am sure you will break the 11 second barrier this week and probably pass my time, but I am not gonna lie, it was a real rush to be the first to break 11 seconds. Thanks for the PM and the advice you gave me. Anxious to see you break 11 this week.
D3
That's great that you still got to run! I was so bummed when I ran 11.04 (without launch control) and then was immediately told I couldn't run anymore. My car was running so great that day.

I have no reason to run 10s now, I will just jump ahead to the 9s. ;-)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.