Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Which is faster? Anyone try to race side by side? I know a lot of us would like to know.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
2012 is faster in the 1/4 mi heads up racing vs 2009-2011 with lc2 and lc3. We are talking Cobb stage 2 not custom tune. No Cobb stage 2 has hit under 11.2 that I am aware of and a few 2012 has. Especially using stock lc2 (without pumping the brakes or acceleration pedal), the 2012 will win easily. Church has video of the 2012 launch and it took over a 1/4 mi for him to catch up and that is with custom tune.
Even with custom tune on lc2 with y pipe and exhaust, you can't beat the 2012 in the 1/4 mi due to the launch. you will hear people that ran 10's with that setup, but that is raising the rpm at the launch by tricking lc2 by pumping brakes or acc. Pedal. With that you will not consistently cut a good light. That is why you will see lc2 equipped car running a good time typically have horrible reaction time because the driver is waiting for the rpm to climb to start not the light. Reaction time plus ET win races.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
FYI, with VDC off and LC2 using COBB NIS006 on my 2010, I achieved a better 60 foot/launch then forum member ReenTech's 2012 4k LC4 launch (same day/time/conditions). But he did win with the faster time, pulling a 11.0 and I pulled an 11.20. He and I basically have similar mods, other then he is catless, and I have catted downpipes. Also as we all know the 2012's have better inlet pipes then the 2009-2011 cars, so he also had that small advantage. 2012 is a better car out of the box, but for far less then the price difference between buying the two cars, you can make the 2009-2011's just as fast or faster and still pocket a good bit of savings.

·
Registered
959 Posts
11.0 at mir with cobb stage 2 100 oct map and midpipe, 11.1 pump gas same day

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
2012 is faster in the 1/4 mi heads up racing vs 2009-2011 with lc2 and lc3. We are talking Cobb stage 2 not custom tune. No Cobb stage 2 has hit under 11.2 that I am aware of and a few 2012 has. Especially using stock lc2 (without pumping the brakes or acceleration pedal), the 2012 will win easily. Church has video of the 2012 launch and it took over a 1/4 mi for him to catch up and that is with custom tune.
Even with custom tune on lc2 with y pipe and exhaust, you can't beat the 2012 in the 1/4 mi due to the launch. you will hear people that ran 10's with that setup, but that is raising the rpm at the launch by tricking lc2 by pumping brakes or acc. Pedal. With that you will not consistently cut a good light. That is why you will see lc2 equipped car running a good time typically have horrible reaction time because the driver is waiting for the rpm to climb to start not the light. Reaction time plus ET win races.
I must disagree with you. As per my post - I beat the 2012 repeatedly in the 1/4 quite comfortably with my Switzer P600 tune and exhaust setup. I have 2200 RPM LC2 and even though his jump was significant, I was ahead by at least 2 cars by the time we hit the towers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
+1 disagreed.. although cobb stage 2 is weak, the new beta v3.3 maps with midpipe and catback, you'll dust the 2012 from a dig or from a roll.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
2009 - 2011 with a mid pipe and Cobb AP custom tune is faster. I'm not sure about the canned stage 2 maps, but from what I am hearing, the new canned maps are quite good, and my guess is that the new stage 2's would be faster as well.

That being said, a stock 2012 vs the above without NIS 006 or LC4 on a dragstrip ( and no LC2 trickery) may be a different story. LC4 is a beast, and makes the stock 2012 very quick in the 1/4.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
2009 - 2011 with a mid pipe and Cobb AP custom tune is faster. I'm not sure about the canned stage 2 maps, but from what I am hearing, the new canned maps are quite good, and my guess is that the new stage 2's would be faster as well.

That being said, a stock 2012 vs the above without NIS 006 or LC4 on a dragstrip ( and no LC2 trickery) will be a different story. LC4 is a beast, and makes the stock 2012 very quick in the 1/4.
I like the colour and year of your car Clint...looking forward to seeing how you upgrade this car...

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I must say we both are right. You run on a track in which traction is not great. The LC4 advantage over LC2 is less. With an ok to good prep track, the launch of 4000 rpm vs. 2200 rpm is huge. Personal experience is at .25 to .3 seconds in the 60 ft. Does P600 have downpipe?

I must disagree with you. As per my post - I beat the 2012 repeatedly in the 1/4 quite comfortably with my Switzer P600 tune and exhaust setup. I have 2200 RPM LC2 and even though his jump was significant, I was ahead by at least 2 cars by the time we hit the towers.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
oops ..edit fail ...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I must say we both are right. You run on a track in which traction is not great. The LC4 advantage over LC2 is less. With an ok to good prep track, the launch of 4000 rpm vs. 2200 rpm is huge. Personal experience is at .25 to .3 seconds in the 60 ft. Does P600 have downpipe?
Hi GT - no it does not. On pump it runs a fairly consistent 11.0 - 11.2. (11.1's on average) On race fuel (100 Octane) about 10.9 - with the DA and track I run on. That said, I see stock CBA's doing 12.2's and 11.9's on average - so it's not the best track for great ET's.The DBA was able to get a high 11.2x on one pass, but mostly did 11.4's-11.6's. You are correct about the track prep - traction is tricky - but the DBA had a high 1.6x to 1.7x 60 and I was running 1.80-1.85's on average...Further, my understanding from a couple of the tuner shops is that at more major modding levels - the cars are equal (and I don't know if anyone has tried VDC-OFF LC4 yet on a high-powered car). I will be very happy to use it if it's found to be Kosher on the DCT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.