Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Went for my emissions test today and didn't fail but also did not pass. Looks like only part of my system was ready. Any one else run into this before? I called AMS and im sure they will fix this but I just figured I'd post on here to see if anyone else ran into this too. Thanks

System Monitors READY & ok:

Comprensive Component
Fuel System Performance
Heated Oxygen Sensor

System Monitors NOT READY:
Evaporative Control System
Oxygen Sensor
Secondary Air System

Obviously I have to go back for a retest but going to wait and see what AMS says. I wonder if the O2 Sensors are just disabled so I dont throw any codes or if a normal value can be thrown at the O2's so they appear normal when I go in for the test. lol

·
I'll eat you like a KitKat woo who
1,357 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Did you put the o2 foulers on the two lower o2s only? Sounds like the cars can pass on e85 thats good

·
Registered
679 Posts
Did you have codes you cleared recently? You may have to put x mileson it till the others show "ready". I have a catless alpha 6 (which unless you are built is the a6 plus the a9 turbos) and have not had problems with emissions testing. Depending on the inspector--you cannot pass the visual if they know where cats should be.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car just needs O2 sims. AMS is going to hook me up as usual. Ill pass emissions this week.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW those in Illinois.. There is no "Sniff" test, just OBDii. No visual inspection either, trust me they have no idea what they are looking at anyway. haha

·
Registered
95 Posts
Car just needs O2 sims. AMS is going to hook me up as usual. Ill pass emissions this week.
I'm just curious if the if the 02 sims were all that was needed and how long did it take to get those monitors ready? I have the big daddy o2 mini cats along with 333 miles and the monitors still aren't ready.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea that's what you need and it should ready up fine.

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Took another car to NY state inspection today, got it down 1-2-3

Sean

·
Registered
577 Posts
In Georgia you can have 1 monitor not passed, the issue through the winter months is having the car run it's Evap monitor, and it should pass without issue.

We did recently have a GTR get sniffed in GA, passed flying colors catless.

In your list I do not see anything for Heated Catalyst, so you may just need more drive time from the last time you reset the ecu.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks like Ben just forgot to turn on the monitors lol. Ill just run the drive cycle again and hopefully it will pass without issue. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
In Georgia you can have 1 monitor not passed, the issue through the winter months is having the car run it's Evap monitor, and it should pass without issue.

We did recently have a GTR get sniffed in GA, passed flying colors catless.

In your list I do not see anything for Heated Catalyst, so you may just need more drive time from the last time you reset the ecu.
What was that you said about the running the EVAP in the winter? My car just failed because of Catalyst and Evap not ready?

·
Registered
577 Posts
What was that you said about the running the EVAP in the winter? My car just failed because of Catalyst and Evap not ready?
You don't have cats in the car? If so you will need to run a "fooler" system with the catalyst monitors turned on. This way it will pass the Catalyst and show EVAP as not complete and should allow you to pass inspection. I will PM you the link for purchase.

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
BDG cel fix worked perfectly for me. All monitors came up ready within 40 or so miles. Evap is still not ready, but will pass in CA.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts