Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of considering the options, lurking on NAGTROC and eventually shopping for just the right GTR.... I have found her! My preference has always been to find a tastefully modded pre owned car. My last "fun" car was a modded Z06, which was a blast to drive, full of HP... but absolutely NO traction from a dig.

I wanted a car that is "streetable", can blast a low 10sec qtr mile with only bolt ons and offer hours of endless fun at local HPDEs. So the ONLY choice was the Nissan GTR. She is on an enclosed truck making her way to me right now. Hoping on a Friday evening delivery!

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hope you enjoy, another gtr added to the state of florida!

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Congrats, I'm in Pembroke pines and I think we have nearly 15-17 GTRs in the area. See you at Towers one of these Fridays.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Its nice to be part of a community that is so enthusiastic about their rides.

Aristo, I live 5 minutes from Towers, so you will def find me there soon.

Sleepdoc, I was considering that track day. Not sure if tracking the car within 24 hours is the best idea... but am considering it. If I do, I will be asking you for the secret to sub-1.5sec 60ft times!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. Its nice to be part of a community that is so enthusiastic about their rides.

Aristo, I live 5 minutes from Towers, so you will def find me there soon.

Sleepdoc, I was considering that track day. Not sure if tracking the car within 24 hours is the best idea... but am considering it. If I do, I will be asking you for the secret to sub-1.5sec 60ft times!
You don't have to run it hard. Just do a few runs to see what you trap, check out the other cars, hang out, etc.

An 8 hour rental for $75 is too good to miss..

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed on the track day... if the car is delivered as promised, I will be there!

Yes to Chipster. I must say they were really easy to deal with and I would do business with them again!

·
Registered
119 Posts
congrats, definitely fun!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Congrats, I came from big power V8 cars, definitely a big change, but its really a ton of fun.

No pressure on the track rental, like Clint said just going for fun and to meet 10-15 other GT-R guys and get some track tips, should be a good time.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the car!.....Welcome to the madness!!!!.....I better get a chance to see these cars in the near future...haha

-Jack
LOL... Mr. Cecil... You will be the first to touch my car! Will you be at the track day? E85 ALL DAY!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Will there be any more spots for the track rental this Sunday. Not sure if I can make it, but if so I can pay at the gate?

sorry to hijack thread!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Car will be delivered tomorrow and we will be at the PBIR event this Sunday! Hope the weather clears off....

Can anyone tell me where the closest E85 station is to the track?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Car will be delivered tomorrow and we will be at the PBIR event this Sunday! Hope the weather clears off....

Can anyone tell me where the closest E85 station is to the track?
Easiest station is on the turnpike Mile Market 65 at the rest stop, I usually leave their with 3/4 of a tank, Get to the track with 1/2 a tank and get back to that station with 1/4 tank. If you want you can bring a 5 gallon jug and get to the track low and fill up with a jug.

I know their is a BP in lake worth that is supposed to have it, that's the closest to the track Right east of 95 on Hypoluxo.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I used to get mine at Ugas on volunteer rd, just south of Griffin, and just east of I75 . I would fill up with 1/2 tank, and fill 2 5 gallon jugs and put them in the trunk for extra runs, and to make the trip home. You need 5 gallons with no WOT and easy cruising speeds to make it from PBIR to Davie. And that is cutting it close.

I assume Ugas still has e85, but have not checked in awhile.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts