Nissan GT-R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
No rush, have a feeling if it doesn’t by the time the meets start I’ll change my mind.

NSX gets tuned next week so that’s gonna be fun too.

Reactions: GTRheritage

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Droptopp, so you couldn't use a Motec because of smog issues in New York? It won't communicate with their inspection computers? That seems odd since it's so much more expensive than either Ecutek or Cobb. Why won't the Motec communicate like the other two?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Selling a high end car like this takes time. Not everyone can handle a car like this. Most people would get in it and crash it and kill themselves. No matter how easy it is to drive. Patience, grasshopper!! :)

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,313 Posts
DROP! wow.
I can testify that this car is an absolute beast. Good luck with sale.
Are you joining me with the 991 or 992 platform??

Reactions: droptopp

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Droptopp, so you couldn't use a Motec because of smog issues in New York? It won't communicate with their inspection computers? That seems odd since it's so much more expensive than either Ecutek or Cobb. Why won't the Motec communicate like the other two?
Cobb and Ecutek along with other tuners like JB4 or API are piggybacks. They use the OBDII Can system already in place. Not sure how expensive it is, but I’d be willing to bet even with hundreds of millions sold, it’s still pretty expensive.

Motec is a complete standalone management system which monitors ECU,TCM,BCM, Chassis, etc. Syvecs is another system but not popular on the R35/R8/Huracan platforms.

Main benefit is the increased processing power so as an example, engine safety cuts and traction are much better.

Automotive standard Is OBDII so that’s the only connection allowed for state inspections. We don’t smog in NY, just have to connect and transmit systems readiness. What I use Ecutek for

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Probably not, solid question about motec. P

If it helps someone in the long run, doesn’t matter what this thread turns into.

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,968 Posts
If you would like your thread cleaned up at some point droptopp, just let me know…
Cheers

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,968 Posts
PS. idc Gdzilla_ we hijacking this thread until he gives up on selling.
Ahh gotcha lol…

droptopp, please disregard my previous post Ha ha!!

GLWS buddy

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
All good fellas, I’ve never been one to not answer a question here. If someone buys it, don’t think they’ll care about the thread lol. YouTube is where it’s at hahah

NSX uses a JB4 - TTV6 tunes picks up 100hp and the electric batteries stay the same.

Reactions: GTRheritage

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Not yet brotha, still in the garage for now.

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Bump - thought this was sold a couple times but ghosted lol.

Almost that time to setup some local runs so will probably just offsite it and keep it.

On a side note - NSX tuned with jb4 is a blast. Low end tq with batteries is substantially improved - as different as tuning a stock M5/X5M.

Part throttle around town is perfection.

Absolute beast from a dig and 20-40 roll with batteries is going to be hard to come around on - wish they kept batteries on past 124, but got to have at least a single complaint.

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Drove it last night for a store run to get the tires some heat so they don’t flat spot.

S1000RR with go pro on helmet and one facing backward got gapped hard from a 30 roll - lmfao.

Wish I had my camera up. .

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Droptopp, are you running Ecutek or Cobb? I think you said Cobb for smog reasons? How is your boost set up for those low speeds when you hit it and do you have any wheel spin?

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Boost by gear on Cobb with Taylor’s special sauce. Little to no spin on street map - helps with 275/345 drag radials on 10/12” rims though. I don’t see max boost until 3rd.

I cannot stress how smooth and uneventful pulls are. Once you are used to it, it feels triply with the linear acceleration from the torque vectoring. Just kind of floats.

Ecutek only for inspections. From what I’ve been told Ecutek is not as good as Cobb for a decent idle.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts