Nissan GT-R Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think primary reason you might be having a little more trouble selling the car is, it's harder to get financing for a 10+ year old car as I'm sure you know. So if someone wanted to fiance this car they'd have to put down atleast $80,000.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I think primary reason you might be having a little more trouble selling the car is, it's harder to get financing for a 10+ year old car as I'm sure you know. So if someone wanted to fiance this car they'd have to put down atleast $80,000.
Most likely, but if someone doesn’t have $80k laying around they got no business owning a 1500hp GTR lol.

These things break and they aren’t cheap to fix.

Reactions: Gdzilla_

·
Registered
100 Posts
Most likely, but if someone doesn’t have $80k laying around they got no business owning a 1500hp GTR lol.

These things break and they aren’t cheap to fix.
I agree they aren't cheap to fix, but I definitely don't think one needs $80k laying around to own a 1500hp gtr imo, to each their own I guess.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
$80k ok maybe a bit high for your average failure but if you pop your front diff and take the block out with it, you will easily spend that by the time your done rebuilding everything oil touches.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I agree they aren't cheap to fix, but I definitely don't think one needs $80k laying around to own a 1500hp gtr imo, to each their own I guess.
How not? Are you going to finance the whole thing? The car and all the mods? I mean, I'm sure people do it. Then they take all the mods off and part them out then give the car back to the dealer when the lease it up, lol. Never seemed real to me.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Sad to see this but GLWS droptopp.
Had a couple people ghost me again in the last couple of weeks, so have a feeling it’s not going anywhere.

Reactions: GTRHOLIC

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Reactions: WideRide

·
Registered
116 Posts
Had a couple people ghost me again in the last couple of weeks, so have a feeling it’s not going anywhere.
I think there was something lost in translation of @Despawned $80k comment. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) what he was saying is that to get financing on your car ($135,000 purchase price), the buyer would need to put more than half of that amount down.

I scooped up my 2010 a few months ago and was hit with the same response when I went looking for financing. I make enough money to afford what I paid for the car, I have 820ish credit score, my debt : income is good, and I can otherwise go buy almost any new car off any showroom floor without putting a penny down. With that said, due to the age of the car, they wanted me to put half down in cash and finance the other half at something like 5-7%.

You're looking for a buyer with significant cash funds or someone willing to get into a HELOC to buy a car.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Nope not me - GTRBillet commented on that. All I said was don’t buy a built car without some cash for failures cause everything breaks at some point.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think there was something lost in translation of @Despawned $80k comment. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) what he was saying is that to get financing on your car ($135,000 purchase price), the buyer would need to put more than half of that amount down.

I scooped up my 2010 a few months ago and was hit with the same response when I went looking for financing. I make enough money to afford what I paid for the car, I have 820ish credit score, my debt : income is good, and I can otherwise go buy almost any new car off any showroom floor without putting a penny down. With that said, due to the age of the car, they wanted me to put half down in cash and finance the other half at something like 5-7%.

You're looking for a buyer with significant cash funds or someone willing to get into a HELOC to buy a car.
No he responded right, or atleast I think he did lol. He's saying someone purchasing a GTR with 1500HP needs $80,000 laying around incase of a failure. Which I agree you should have some money laying around but not that much is needed IMO. He also gets most of his work done at a shop that charges an exhoribant amount of money for things that need fixed(Example: $8k to pull and reinstall a motor), but that's what you get when you go to a bigger shop they can name their price. Is there work better then other shops? Maybe that's for the customer/owner to decide. I do most of my own work on my cars so owning the gtr is quite a bit cheaper for me.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 · (Edited)
$8k to R&R a motor ? Who charges that these days ?

I thought shops stopped charging more than 8 hours years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: gtrbillet

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
^ lol

·
Registered
849 Posts
Nope not me - GTRBillet commented on that. All I said was don’t buy a built car without some cash for failures cause everything breaks at some point.
Maybe I slightly misunderstood. I was referring to total cost to build a car like this could be $80k on top of the car. Agree you might not need $80k in a the drawer for GTR repair fund. Maybe if you had to overnight parts from Japan. Haha.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Yeah I was being a bit special there lol

It’s quite a bit more than $80k for this build.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
That's what Cicio told me it would cost lol.
That’s gotta be a typo or QuickBooks hour error.

I didn’t pay that for a billet front diff installed with pulling the motor to do it.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts