Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recently picked up a 2009 with 5k miles and loving every minute of it. I'm thinking when I get my car serviced for it's 6k, I'll have Nissan flash to LC4. Can you 09 owners speak to that change? Was it pretty significant on noise and overall smoothness of shifting? Does Nissan charge for doing this flash? If so, what's the damage? Appreciate this forum quite a bit, lot of knowledgeable cool people here.

·
Founder/Admin
26,149 Posts
nissan will not flash your car to the actual LC4...if your car still has LC1 for some reason it can be flashed to LC2 but thats it

as close as you can get is something aftermarket like the cobb LC4 beta version

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
As far as I am aware Nissan can't flash LC4 to your TCM. You'll need to use the AccessPORT to do that.

Joe

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts
To me it was a night and day difference going to LC4. However, I have a custom tuned LC4 with the cobb 006.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
To me it was a night and day difference going to LC4. However, I have a custom tuned LC4 with the cobb 006.
When you say you have a custom tuned lc4 do you mean you have lc4 beta with a custom tune? I'm getting ready to convert on my 2010 but want to make sure I don't need to modify my custom tune to accomodate lc4.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Hello all, I recently picked up a 2009 with 5k miles and loving every minute of it. I'm thinking when I get my car serviced for it's 6k, I'll have Nissan flash to LC4. Can you 09 owners speak to that change? Was it pretty significant on noise and overall smoothness of shifting? Does Nissan charge for doing this flash? If so, what's the damage? Appreciate this forum quite a bit, lot of knowledgeable cool people here.
Someone tell me the dealer would do it but for $1200

Then someone else told me that the dealer refused to do it.

Personally I dont think their equipment can flash the LC4 on to the old cars.

You have two options, purchase a Cobb Accessport and run alpha firmware or go with a EcuTek TCM Flash.

Both products can give you the LC4 you want.

-John

·
1,615 Posts
When you say you have a custom tuned lc4 do you mean you have lc4 beta with a custom tune? I'm getting ready to convert on my 2010 but want to make sure I don't need to modify my custom tune to accomodate lc4.
The LC4 has to be modified to launch correctly on the older GT-R. LC4 and LC5 expect a few signals that the older LCs don't and we have to modify the logic in the TCM to ignore them. It's not really a custom tune, but a modified version of LC4.

There is no way for a Nissan Tech to do these modifications, so even if they can flash LC4 to your LC1-LC3 equipped GT-R the launch would never work.

Joe

·
Registered
245 Posts
Im in the same boat, I was thinking about running the beta LC4 from cobb on my 09 but will it work alright with my setup?

·
Registered
245 Posts
With our "KB51B Stock Style LC4 VDC off" map should work very nicely on your GT-R!

Joe
Sounds good, looks like ill give it a shot tonight.
lol

·
Registered
630 Posts
Are there any downsides to putting LC4 on the '09 models? Are there any major differences from flashing to LC4 with Cobb than having "factory" LC4 on the 2012+ models?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are there any downsides to putting LC4 on the '09 models? Are there any major differences from flashing to LC4 with Cobb than having "factory" LC4 on the 2012+ models?
The biggest downside is that you just spin the tires all over the place if you're on factory rubber! On R mode it just bogs completely due to wheelspin.

I switched back to LC2 3750rpm but my car still revs to 4000, but the driveability factor of LC4 is just amazing. I got it sort of close changing my settings to 1-1-2-6 and that first gear stumble is hardly noticeable but still there. The only thing is when the trans is cold it shifts kinda rough putting around the neighborhood.

Switching back to LC4 for my DD needs.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I am just looking to smooth the tranny out for putting around the city. The starts from a stop a pretty rough and the shifts from 1-3 is are not as smooth as I'd like it to be. It's not a big issue, but since there's a way to make it better, I'd like to have it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just checked "Check Search Beta Firmware" in the AP Manager and it installed v1.6.5.0-2897..... Is this the correct version for the LC4 w/ "KB51B Stock Style LC4 VDC off"??

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just found AP Manager 2.0.2.0.... Assuming that should fix my problem. Still not finding any different firmware?

·
1,615 Posts
Just checked "Check Search Beta Firmware" in the AP Manager and it installed v1.6.5.0-2897..... Is this the correct version for the LC4 w/ "KB51B Stock Style LC4 VDC off"??
That is the correct map, but the firmware version is not correct. that is the release firmware you need the ALPHA. To get the alpha you have to follow the instructions that are here in this post.

Joe

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
The biggest downside is that you just spin the tires all over the place if you're on factory rubber! On R mode it just bogs completely due to wheelspin.
I and MANY others disagree with this. Stock run flats can put the power down just fine with an LC4 and LC5 launch. You WILL NOT spin your tires like crazy at all.

Turkey either has BIG power or he lives in a VERY cold climate.(or his tires are bald.)

LC4 will give you sub 3 second 0-60 times with stock runflats and minimal wheel spin all the way up to about 530awhp and 550wtq.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I screwed up. Didn't realize I needed to uninstall the cobb from my car..... I updated everything already and am on AP Manager 2.0.1.5 and Firmware v1.6.5.1-3617. What the heck do I do now? lol

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
I screwed up. Didn't realize I needed to uninstall the cobb from my car..... I updated everything already and am on AP Manager 2.0.1.5 and Firmware v1.6.5.1-3617. What the heck do I do now? lol
Just hook it up to the car and unistall. No different than with the old software..... I'm surprised you didn't try that before you wrote this post..... ;)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts