Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well.. .unfortunately the track didn't take lightly to a street car running 10's... and I unfortunately only was able to make 2 passes...

First Pass was 11.10 @ 127.7 using 3300 RPM LC2 (1.74 60')

2nd Pass... car was hot... and Density Altitude was almost 2300 ft :( I changed to LC2 3750 for the next pass, And while it was approaching 70' degrees... car still went

10.89 @ 128.1 with a 1.674 60'...

Wanted to get one more run, even in the heat... but they ejected me after that run.. If i could get closer to a 500' DA... It should go 10.7 @ 129+...

Car has Boost Logic Midpipe, & Jack Cecil Custom Tune! Ran 100 Octane at the track, and Mickey Thompson ET Sttreets.I wanted to try a pass on the streets... had they given me one more run I would have.

Thanks Jack!

Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Nicely done, Dave.

Are you running the M/Ts just on the rear?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Achenator...

LC2 with Cobb Stage 2 (3700 Launch)
R - COMFORT - OFF
Manual Trans Mode

GTB...

Funny thing about the M/T... so I'm 'waiting' to get the 'taller' rear 18" M/T (Should come in the next couple weeks) and that way I can run the oem fronts, and just change the rears, because obviously the fronts don't spin. But since I only had 315/30's from my Dad's Z-06... I mounted those on the back... and then used my 245's that I had from my IS-F... and mounted those on the front. Had they not ejected me... I would have put the Street tires on.

Thanks guys!
Happy New Year!

Dave

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again Jack!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
dang thats awesome congrats, i need to get some new tires my tires are so bad i cannot race until i get some new ones i should be right around where your at on your time once i get new tires.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tires are definitely a big deal! Especially in how crappy AZ preps their tracks... :(

·
Registered
364 Posts
ya also i see you go to speed world do you not like firebird? jw if its track conditions or what i do wanna try speed world but not sure how good it is.

·
Registered
360 Posts
ya also i see you go to speed world do you not like firebird? jw if its track conditions or what i do wanna try speed world but not sure how good it is.
Jumping in this a little late but since it hasn't been replied to I figured I'd let you know. He normally goes to firebird he just came out to speedworld for this one because of the event that was going on but he's rarely out here and since they ejected him I doubt he has any reason to go back since its a far drive for him.

I normally go to speedworld. But haven't been out there with the gtr yet. Let me know if you planning heading out there

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Infinus, Sorry Kyle didn't see your post till now... Our cars don't care 'too much' about track conditions.
But Speedworld does track prep better than Firebird.

I only made the trek to Speedworld hoping they'd actually let me run 10's... :( If i'm going to do one run and done... Firebird is just as good.

Probably going again in next couple weeks if anyone wants to join... PM me.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Dave, where's your front camber? I'm getting front wheelspin & backed it off from -2.5 (eccentrics & KWs), to -2.2, in hopes of reducing it w/ no luck.

I'm going again tonight & will drop to 24psi in hopes that'll allow the car to hook.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Front Camber is at 'OEM TRACK' setting.. 1.7 Negative.

Good Luck Tonight!

Dave

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Going back to the strip this Friday... just got some new 345/35/18's... putting those on the rear so I can keep the OEM front size wheel tire on the car. We'll see how she goes!

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
will the 345 fit on a 18-10 rim? I guess they will fit on the rear?
That would be pinched pretty badly... I wouldn't try it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jimmy: I have the 345 on an 18 X 10.5... It could probably work on a 10... but that would be a heck of a pinch. It's meant for an 11... but with such big and soft sidewalls... it fit very easy on the 10.5" width wheels.

MoneyMakin: My car went 11.1 on the RunFlats... our tracks here in AZ do 'crap prep'... and it just spun the tires all through first every launch.

Looking forward to tomorrow night!
Dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.