Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sometimes it's all about the car and the car can help compensate for drivers inability to drive. In this case his inability was to much for even the GT-R to help. Oh well you lose some in his case many and you win some in his case not a lot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Seems about right. My 2010 with LC2 was horrible to launch with any urgency. The car would bog down at 2000 rpm and then it's a waiting game until the boost builds up. When my car was stock I got owned from 20, 40, 50, 60 mph rolls by a Z06, Caddilac CTS-V, 911 (997.2) Turbo, and Mercedes Benz SL 65 AMG all of which were stock. After the Cobb and Mid-pipe I can keep up with all execpt the SL65 and the 911 Turbo. I was very dissapointed how lame the stock 2010 GT-R was compared to these other cars. Even after the midpipe and the Cobb my brother would embarass me with his SL65. I know you can add more mods and make it faster but it should be fast to begin with. Just my experience.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Seems about right. My 2010 with LC2 was horrible to launch with any urgency. The car would bog down at 2000 rpm and then it's a waiting game until the boost builds up. When my car was stock I got owned from 20, 40, 50, 60 mph rolls by a Z06, Caddilac CTS-V, 911 (997.2) Turbo, and Mercedes Benz SL 65 AMG all of which were stock. After the Cobb and Mid-pipe I can keep up with all execpt the SL65 and the 911 Turbo. I was very dissapointed how lame the stock 2010 GT-R was compared to these other cars. Even after the midpipe and the Cobb my brother would embarass me with his SL65. I know you can add more mods and make it faster but it should be fast to begin with. Just my experience.
Your car should walk all those cars with no problems now. Who did your tune? A tuned and midi 2010 should be in the high 120's in the 1/4 mile. Enough to take all those cars. Unless the 997.2 is a turbo S.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The 911 Turbo is with PDK, the SL 65 is a torque monster stock. I was going against these cars from a roll 20, 40, 60 mph which I prefer over stoplight racing. A modified GT-R having AWD and dual clutch and short gearing will be faster out of the gate. But I wanted to see how the car performed from a roll in my opinion a more fair test. In stock GT-R I got embarrased from both a dead stop and roll. I drove my brother's SL and it just pulls away like a freight train. I didn't want to do more mods and I was just not happy with the overall fit and finish of the car so I removed the Cobb and sold the car and the Accessport. The new owner got the midpipe as a added bonus.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I raced my buddies ctv over the weekend. He has 610 at the wheels and runs 10.80s at 128 on street slicks. We did 40 mph runsl. I walked him pretty hard every time.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
The 911 Turbo is with PDK, the SL 65 is a torque monster stock. I was going against these cars from a roll 20, 40, 60 mph which I prefer over stoplight racing. A modified GT-R having AWD and dual clutch and short gearing will be faster out of the gate. But I wanted to see how the car performed from a roll in my opinion a more fair test. In stock GT-R I got embarrased from both a dead stop and roll. I drove my brother's SL and it just pulls away like a freight train. I didn't want to do more mods and I was just not happy with the overall fit and finish of the car so I removed the Cobb and sold the car and the Accessport. The new owner got the midpipe as a added bonus.
It sounds like you had the Cobb canned tune in your GT-R. That old 3.0 Cobb tune is worthless. It literally makes no more power than stock.

If you had a custom tune you would have killed your brothers SL65. How do I know? Because my car beats my freinds Renntech tuned SL65 from a roll.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes of course I can have a very aggressive tune with the boost pumped up to 19 or 20 psi, which turns the car into a ticking time bomb as to what will fail. But my point is the 2010 GT-R stock was a huge dissapointment. Stock vs. stock it got dealt with, if I wanted to mod I could have easily put a lot of money into making it a monster GT-R.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I raced my buddies ctv over the weekend. He has 610 at the wheels and runs 10.80s at 128 on street slicks. We did 40 mph runsl. I walked him pretty hard every time.
You should be able to with all the mods you have on the 2012. Also with the computer optimizing the torque for the AWD it should not be hard at all at your power level. I am debating if I should get the 2013, but everytime I think of the the Nissan dealership experience I cringe. I really hated the Nissan dealerships. They treat people buying an Altima better than a GT-R owner. From the GM to sales to service people all become instant a$$holes when they see the GT-R. I have never experinced this with any other car dealership. I do enjoy this forum very much and appreciate all the passionate owners and the knowledge base available. Be safe and enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
129 Posts
GTR needs to LAUNCH PROPERLY ! ... however GTR for win

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.