Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

My obsession is your gain. Having been told that on the 2011 model that a backup camera that automatically switches when reverse is engaged was not available or possible, I set about finding a solution. You can read more HERE where I shared my discovery for all to see.

I am putting together kits for other 2011 owners (and EU Satnav owners) that contains everything you need. A Kenwood camera that renders a detailed 310,000 pixel resolution color image, and with its CMOS optics eliminates distortion caused by nearby light sources like headlights.

Highlights:
  • Uses a plug and play harness that is as easy to remove as it is to install (unlike other kits)
  • Installed in less than 2hrs - Requires access to the back of the MFD but NOT the AV unit
  • Full step by step instructions with lots of pictures
  • No soldering
  • No cutting of any wires
  • Uses factory software with on-screen guide lines
  • High Quality Kenwood Camera
Price $275 plus $9.95 shipping for priority shipping to anywhere in the United States

PM me if you are interested. Lots off very happy customers in the US, Canada and Europe just search the forums.

Initially I was going to sell the units without the camera, but based on interest levels in kits I decided a fully inclusive kit made most sense. Additionally by supplying everything I can include all the necessary software settings etc. If you are more of a DIYer and want just the harness PM me.

Below are some images of my own GT-R which has the kit installed and is working flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should become an AUTHORIZED vendor to sell items here on the forum.
I contacted the administrators before posting, this is a members classified section not vendors classified. I'm following the rules including posting the price.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I contacted the administrators before posting, this is a members classified section not vendors classified. I'm following the rules including posting the price.
Price $285 plus shipping

First 10 units should be available in 2 weeks, PM me if you are interested.

This is not a single item you are selling. these multiple units you are selling which fall under the VENDOR requirements..

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Price $285 plus shipping

First 10 units should be available in 2 weeks, PM me if you are interested.

This is not a single item you are selling. these multiple units you are selling which fall under the VENDOR requirements..
Nice use of a couple of your first 14 posts on this forum...

·
24>23
1,166 Posts
Very nice. The price is fantastic. This should have been standard on the car from the beginning. It's funny how Nissan puts a useless music hard drive and CF reader but fails to incorporate such an essential feature.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Very cool - thanks for your efforts. I'll be getting in on this for sure...PM sent

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
figure out a kit for the 09's with the grid lines and I'll buy it

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sweet. I have an 11 and the backing up thing is abyssmal. Will this be available for a while or is this the only chance? My girlfriend has it on the Murano which looks exactly like it and its awesome. Keep up the fantastic work.

TwinTurbo

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
from what i've been reading, the lines only work with the '11
Correct, it certainly wouldn't be as easy on a non-2011 because of the changes they made to the MFD and AV unit for the 2011 model made this all possible.

Or course nothing is impossible and once I get the 2011 kits out I'm going to take a look at what can be done for 2009/10 owners. Then I can give you a estimate of what it would take and see what the interest level would be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you an administrator or something? Why would you post just to beef a guy who is doing something we all need here? Dont get that at all. Looks like a great product.
I am not here to beef anyone up, just if you are going to sell product here you should go and become a VENDOR, thats what other vendors have to do. This is the classified sect, but not when you are making it a business. What happens if you install this kit and something goes wrong, who are you going to go after, this guy has no legitimate company? I would just very careful when purchasing. By the way, there are other forum vendors here that sell the similar kit for less than this guy.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts