Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
interesting....first one of these ive seen... curious to see what it looks like on the car... just from those pics it looks pretty good.. i wonder if this will catch on and others will try it.. i never really thought about someone doing this before...

how was the wiring install?

was it difficult to cut the holes out?

i see you have the grill area taped out.. are you cutting out holes there like the NISMO bumper?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting....first one of these ive seen... curious to see what it looks like on the car... just from those pics it looks pretty good.. i wonder if this will catch on and others will try it.. i never really thought about someone doing this before...

how was the wiring install?

was it difficult to cut the holes out?

i see you have the grill area taped out.. are you cutting out holes there like the NISMO bumper?
Difficulty on a scale of 1-10 I would say is 6
I made a template from the driving lights then make the cut.
Yes I make holes on my front grill like NISMO bumper. I almost finish my project. When is done I will post new pics.
Thanks.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Hmm, I was wondering how this would look. I kind of like it! I wonder how the light pattern will spread with the DRLs being lower than on the 2012.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Hmm, I was wondering how this would look. I kind of like it! I wonder how the light pattern will spread with the DRLs being lower than on the 2012.
LoL the leds aren't powerful enough to emit any kind of useable beam pattern on the road like halogen fog lights

good job on the custom work and nailing it first shot without needing to repaint the bumper

given how many member go lady gaga over leds, you should seriously consider selling those paper templates

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
LoL the leds aren't powerful enough to emit any kind of useable beam pattern on the road like halogen fog lights

good job on the custom work and nailing it first shot without needing to repaint the bumper
Yeah, they're pretty useless for the driver. But they're really for pedestrians and other vehicles who see them.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I knew someone would do this sooner or later. How about just putting on a 12 front end? Too costly?

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
^ For me, right now - yes.

About $3k (before paint). Still considering doing the 2012 front. But - with this mod, if you decide to go that route, you could just take the LED's off the CBA front, and put them on the new DBA front. (But then you'd be left with a broken CBA front)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I like how they did the led's on the 12. This is pretty neat too. I don't like the gtr's that have the aftermarket led's in the middle really. But then again, nobody asked me

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Glad to see someone made this work. I thought if this before but went with the OEM 12 bumper.

·
What is six times nine?
1,277 Posts
I loved the looks of the 2012 driving lights and decided adapt to my 2011 bumper and this is how it looks.

View attachment 30382 View attachment 30383
Please post photos of your finished "NISMO" cutouts. I'm really interested in this. Unfortunately Stillen's finished inserts for these cutouts were a one-off, & I haven't been able to find a nice ready-made substitute. :(

1 - 20 of 48 Posts