Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to get my daytime running LEDs to turn on while the headlights are on? I want them to stay on while I'm driving at night also...

Will they have to be rewired?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Is there a way to get my daytime running LEDs to turn on while the headlights are on? I want them to stay on while I'm driving at night also...

Will they have to be rewired?
Was going to post the very same thing! It's really annoying that they shut off when the main headlights are on, wish they would stay on as fog lights...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Any update on this? Sucks the leds are always off at night...

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
the whole idea about "daytime running lights" is that they remain on during the "daytime" for safety

at night you have your headlights on for safety

if you want to rice it up with vegas leds all over the front bumper, just splice the power wire into something that has constant power all the time, im sure there's plenty of wires in the ecu loom that have constant power when the ignition is on. You'll work it out in 5 mins with a voltmeter

every ricer with an ebay account here in Aus is putting these led horizontal strips all over their front bumpers. At least the BMW angel eye ricer trend of yester'year actually looks creative in some applications

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
you can see them from inside the car at night?

·
Registered
589 Posts
the whole idea about "daytime running lights" is that they remain on during the "daytime" for safety

at night you have your headlights on for safety

if you want to rice it up with vegas leds all over the front bumper, just splice the power wire into something that has constant power all the time, im sure there's plenty of wires in the ecu loom that have constant power when the ignition is on. You'll work it out in 5 mins with a voltmeter

every ricer with an ebay account here in Aus is putting these led horizontal strips all over their front bumpers. At least the BMW angel eye ricer trend of yester'year actually looks creative in some applications
Rice it up? These are stock LEDs and they look great. Benzes, audis and others have daytime LEDs that can stay on at night to..

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I'm only stirring you mate

Each to their own, it's your car. Have a re-read of my advice on diy or just wait till adrey releases what will prob be a plug n play kit. While your behind the bumper good idea to swap out the Oem xenon bulbs for the osram extreme 5000k. Very noticeable increase in light output despite being rated at 5000k

If it helps, Renault, who own Nissan, do the auto off led thing too

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Adrey did the OEM 2012 conversion on my car this weekend and got the LED to work with the ignition. The work is perfect and I'm sure he'll have the harness for your car shortly, after all he's the LED king, lol.

·
Registered
589 Posts
1 - 20 of 237 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.