Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I sometimes think I am the last remaining automotive journalist who gives a hoot about actual facts.

"dry-sumped, direct injection", "limited to 112mph", "titanium paddle shifters" and best of all, the day after Nissan scored a 1-2 at Le Mans in the LMP2 category, " But Nissan is out of Le Mans-style prototype-sports-car racing"!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Watch the video, it's even more amazingly stupid.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
How smart is this car? On public roads the top speed is a mere 112 mph. It will go its top speed of 196 only when the navigation system informs the car that it is on a Nissan-approved racetrack. For those who fear the nanny state, Mary Poppins just flew in the window.
112 mph limiter. Interesting.

People take journalism, they take these articles in magazines and respected sources like the Wall Street Journal as gospel. they just don't realize how far from the truth, and the fact that people write the articles, and people make mistakes.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
it just shows he never drove the car. It's very easy to ho over 100mph in a GTR so how can he not have past 112 to know if there's a limiter or not.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
did he drive it in Japan maybe? either way i think regardless its bad to write like this, even if it does show good comments about the car.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
did he drive it in Japan maybe? either way i think regardless its bad to write like this, even if it does show good comments about the car.
Says he drove it Reno to LA. Dan Neil used to write for the LA Times. He is a well respected writer, but this article needs some fact checking. edit - I should have actually wrote that he is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist/critic.

Speaking of noise: After driving the car nearly 600 miles from Reno to Los Angeles, I can say confidently this is the noisiest closed-cabin car on the market. The endless tire drone from the 20-inch Dunlop run-flats made me want to punch myself in the ears.

·
Registered
287 Posts
In Japan the speed is limited (I believe it's 111 mph) unless the GPS sees you are on a track.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I should have actually wrote that he is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist/critic.
Just makes it that much more sad. Pathetic really, I do my job right, under pressure and mistakes are just not an option, some of these journalists really don't seem to give a shit. Nothing worse then misinformation...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts