Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
At ACG we are keeping pretty busy with our local GT-R clients. We have done it all from random bolt-on kits, to full in house motor builds and larger Switzer and AAM kit installations. This time we are building several AMS cars and I wanted to post some images of the kit itself and some installation shots.

When it comes to the kit itself, it is extremely well packaged, It has all the parts needed for the installation and most importantly, it does not require any cutting or custom fabrication. AMS has delivered their kit to us very quickly so there was no downtime with the customer's car sitting at the shop. The full installation has taken 4 days by one of our main GT-R mechanics.

AMS "Alpha" Packages: Components / Pricing

Baseline run:

The kit (intercooler not pictured):

Installation:

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
This, or an Alpha 12, is on my list someday, but that day isn't anytime soon

When I decide to do it tho, I'd love to have someone like you do it for me, this is just pristine!

Can't wait to see some results!

-AJ

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you much guys. Here is the second installment:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And the final numbers:

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Nicely done Peter!

I was just talking with James about this one. Looks like it came out great!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the 91 the boost was 20-21 psi. On the race gas it peaked out at 23psi. We had to dial down the torque number quite a bit to be on the safe side with the OEM bottom-end.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Great work, Peter. I'm very happy to see a local San Diego shop step up and build a GT-R resume. As far as the GT-R goes, currently you guys are the only game in town. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Brent. We have finally gotten that in-house dyno which has made things a lot easier on the tuning and diagnostics side. You'ss see quite a bit more from our shop very soon

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Great work, Peter. I'm very happy to see a local San Diego shop step up and build a GT-R resume. As far as the GT-R goes, currently you guys are the only game in town. Congrats!
+1.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.