Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Tokyo Member
155 Posts
Just saw a scoop about the newest GTR to be released here. It will be called Spec R and will have 560ps retailing cheaper than the previous Spec V. The article says it will be about 12M JPY which isnt too far away from the standard GTR. Some subtle changes externally but I didnt see an interior shot.

Same VR38 with a yellow/gold cover. 1650kg, 560ps @ 66000rpm 63.0kgm/3200~6000rpm.

There was also a scoop on the LFAII but I wasnt really looking at that.

·
Tokyo Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Source or this thread is useless.
Some of you guys are just so friendly. I take the time to let you know and this is the type of reply one gets.

It was in a local Japanese car magazine which publishes all info like this. Shall I post the name of the mag and publisher as well as the writers to ensure this thread is not useless?

·
Tokyo Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For everyone else who is interested, I took a couple of shots with my iphone to share.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Font Number Magenta Electric blue Symmetry

Attachments

·
Tokyo Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Its hard to tell from the photo but the wheels, front top grill accent and led body are of the same gold colour.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Some of you guys are just so friendly. I take the time to let you know and this is the type of reply one gets.

It was in a local Japanese car magazine which publishes all info like this. Shall I post the name of the mag and publisher as well as the writers to ensure this thread is not useless?
He's just speaking the truth, no offense was meant I'm sure. We appreciate the detective work but without pictures (which you included later) or proper reference, it means little to us. Thanks for including that though, other than the small boost in HP, did you note any other performance enhancements?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Doesn't look like the Spec V brakes carried over
. Did you see any interior pics of which seats are in the car?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

I didn't mean to come off mean, but you should have posted those pictures in the first post. There are soo many posts that claim so and so without pictures, that some threads really are useless, especially since you didn't claim your source.

·
Registered
129 Posts
looks like a 2012 black edition to me

·
Tokyo Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually we have 3 models here, Base, Black and Premium. This will replace the Spec V which is scheduled to be phased out very shortly this year. The Spec R's production was halted due to the earthquake but production should start again in July.

This is definitely not the same as the US Black Edition simply when factoring the price. I think the Spec V didnt sell well because I have never even seen one on the road ever. Non-spec V I can find daily, in fact a trip to my local shopping centre saw 3 there in the parking lot.

The article doesnt mention much nor include interior shots or info, but more details should be coming out shortly.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Thanks for posting the info!

As much as I don't like the Spec-V wheels I'm kind of glad I'm getting them now since all these Spec-x models have em

I wonder what changes are on it to bump the powa!

·
R35 Member
138 Posts

Source is always appreciated in whatever forum I go to, thanks for the shots though I'll need a google translator on that thing.

You read Japanese?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
thanks for the info.....I would bet we won't be seeing that here in the states....and if it came with that gold trim, well, I'll just keep quiet.....

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Nice weight drop to 1650kg from 1740 (or 1680 for the Spec V?).

Exciting, but it will still be stupidly expensive if it's close to Spec V pricing. Only 1 ever sold in the UK.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Thanks a bunch for posting the news.

Like David said that is an amazing weight reduction. Wonder what they did to shed 200 lbs. It's really not easy to take out 200 lbs from a GT-R while not stripping it and keeping it as a road car. Must be a lot of very expensive materials.

Can't wait to see more info on it.

Long live the Type R.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts