Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this was a change for the 2012 model.
Do you have to remove the front spoiler and carbon composite panels to perform a oil and filter change for the 2012's ?

We all know the removal process for our 2009-2010's.
I was wondering if we could upgrade or change our panels to mimic the 2012's to make oil changes more efficient.

Thanks

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
i dont think its different just because i havent heard anyone mention it........ but technically you dont have to remove the front lip or undertray for any of them as long as you have a block of wood....you can remove a few clips in the middle section and pull down the undertray and wedge a block of wood or something up in there so you can reach the filter.... only down side is it can get a little messy but it cuts oil change time down to the same as a altima or something once its on a lift

·
Registered
408 Posts
Not sure if this was a change for the 2012 model.
Do you have to remove the front spoiler and carbon composite panels to perform a oil and filter change for the 2012's ?

We all know the removal process for our 2009-2010's.
I was wondering if we could upgrade or change our panels to mimic the 2012's to make oil changes more efficient.

Thanks
The procedure is exactly the same as a pre 2012 car.

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
We have done them, not much different than the 2010 car, i think the 2009 you have to remove more cover to get to it.

Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts