Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i've got a hill climb similar to this in eastern washington so I get a lot of practice. Another forum member ran it last year and it looks fun.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Insert the sound of crickets chirping...

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Pretty intense and hardcore. 5.2 miles uphill. Good luck to those that enter.

At least one GTR is entered for 2012.
In 2011 he came in 7th overall with 3:31.8 time, 88.39 mph ave. speed.

You run high risk of trouble if you run off the road. Not for the timid. Already had a death in 2010 at the first annual event.

Video of ZR1 winner (three time SCCA national champion)

Looks like you "need" full safety gear as on the track (it's not required but recommended)
Rules:
http://www.spectre34...enge.com/rules/

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the additional information. I prefer to keep my efforts at about 85%, its been my experience that trouble happens at 95%+ There is no million dollar prize for this thing, so it's not worth my life or my car to beat a record. I just want to do a hill climb thats actually legal

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Latest update-

sorry to hear this-

SPECTRE 341 CHALLENGE POSTPONED TO 2013

3rd Annual hill climb scheduled for June 15-17 in Virginia City, Nevada, called off - organizers look forward to a return to the hill and the historic host city in 2013.

Ontario, Calif. (March 19, 2012) - Spectre Performance regrets to inform its fans and customers that the 2012 Speed by Spectre 341 Challenge hill climb road race in Virginia City, Nevada, has been cancelled due to unforeseen business circumstances, and will return in June 2013. Racers already registered for the event will receive a full refund of entry fees.

"We are disappointed that we have to call off the race for 2012," said Spectre Performance president Amir Rosenbaum, "but unforeseen business circumstances over the past few months meant we had to choose between cancelling the race or holding it with reduced staff, which compromises safety - and that wasn't really a choice at all. We want to thank the racers and the residents of Virginia City and Silver City who have been so supportive over the past three years. We have committed to making the Speed by Spectre 341 Challenge as fun, exciting and safe as possible - so this year we have to put things on hold, but we'll be back next year and it will be better than ever."

While the June 15-17 event will no longer proceed as planned, plans for the 2013 event are underway, and Spectre Performance looks forward to its return to the hill at that time. Race organizers will contact those that have already entered the event. An announcement regarding the 2013 race will be made before the end of the year.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I was pretty bummed when I got the email last month....I took my jeep to Moab to make up for it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts