Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
I have been working with Cobb to help speed up development of the software(Still ALPHA)...and was able to get some great numbers out of the test mule today....

baseline was 470whp 417wtq........after some tweaking... 531whp and 504wtq......this is a completely stock car.....gains over 100hp and 100tq in the midrange really make the 2012 a BEAST......and the software is evolving as we speak...so in no way is this a final result.....but its a promising start to an amazing journey!.....more pics and vids/sheets to follow.....stay tuned!

Heres a comparison of the stock map vs. the tuned map: 475whp & 408wtq stock and 532whp & 507wtq tuned

·
2,495 Posts
hollyyyy shiiiiiiiiiit, nice work!!! i dropped the ball, should of got a 12

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow, awesome work, can't wait to see how this ends up.....

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Congrats Jack
....I know youre in FL, but it seems your dyno reads similar (WHP wise, TQ is lower) to Tim Bailey's here in Oregon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
thanks!,....yea well they are the same dyno!.....his calibration is probably not the same as mine....but I can promise you mine is conservative....
Conservative, & yet the gain is so much from stock!

Anyway, can you tell us the difference between 2012 compare to previous GTR? Tuning & mod potential? Overall feel, & is it worth the premium over the past model?

I am sure a lot of people on the fence wanted t ask as well.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
holy crap!

I can't wait to get my car even more now. hopefully next month, the final version should be out.

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
I'm stoked to hear these base numbers...I'd love to see final numbers and what the addition of a full exhaust and filters will do to the numbers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Id like to know what it does without changing anything. no exuast mods, just tuning Great work!
Isn't that what he's talking about?!? He said "completely stock car".

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
So is there more to it than simply larger turbo inlet pipes?

If there are gains like that to be had with larger pipes (and that's probably true given the more air in theory), I better get mine fitted asap and properly dyno tuned rather than using an e-map

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Am I reading those numbers correct? I wonder what times this car will lay down on a track!

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
So is this a tune only car? If so that is a ridiculous gain from just a tune!

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes these are TUNE ONLY numbers.....the car is COMPLETELY stock.

.....a typical full exhaust/intake car on this dyno hits 540whp.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Wow, that just made waiting even harder! Thank you all for your hard work.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts