Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
here is your first pic of the US spec Carbon Spoiler

i caught a tiny difference between it and the SpecV Spoiler.... the center pillar on the US spec Spoiler is not carbon where as on the SpecV it is... both spoilers retain the non carbon base on each side just painted

2013 Black Edition

JDM SpecV

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
wow...they got cheap with that little piece. Thats unnecessary, lol

Where is this car located? is it in the states already!?

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know what the OEM top part of the spoiler weighs? im just curious how much less the top part in dry carbon will weigh in at?

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
ok i answered my own question

nissan lists the 2012 black edition at 3821 lbs the 2013 is 3818....

so i guess its 3lbs lighter roughly

premium is still listed at 3829 for both 12/13

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Wow that a nice looking piece.

Just sent my rear carbon wing to get matte cleared. I wish I had the dough to spring for the OE piece.

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
ryan, you have a 2013 b/e ordered?
Yes sir
Trading in the 09 for the new 2013 B/E. I could only stare at that Blue for so long before I gave in, and the carbon wing just put me over, lol. I'm a huge sucker for blue cars.

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
That's track pack not the 13
Just noticed how different the EDIT: nordring wing was compared the the Spec-V wing and the 2013 BE wing. Is it all the same style carbon?

Shots I took at the Tokyo Auto Salon

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
thats the nordring wing on a special one off version of the track pack used in development at the ring not technically the track pack thats being sold... confusing i know

thats an amazing wing.. it and the trunk go for about 15K lol

yea its all the same style weave its made by the same company that makes the OEM carbon

you know the track pack doesnt even get the regular carbon wing it uses the same OEM as the regular GTR

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
^^^
Thanks for the clarification, all these different wings make my head spin haha

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
yeah but i like it the best as its taller and it uses the pedestal base portions arching upward to make it that way.. i dont like the aftermarket more aggressive/taller carbon wings that use that extend the sides of the actual wing blade to make it higher.. it comes over overbearing unless you have a very modified looking GTR... that wing you posted is perfect especially with the little trunk lip and all this stuff was developed along with the GTR so its recognized as a genuine GTR product in japan.. ( thats what that little sticker is for)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.