Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing gears, again. LOL! I found a brand new 2012 Black Edition (black-on-black) in GA that I'm making a move on today (paperwork in progress). The dealer is going to ship it to me by weeks end. So, this means I have to cancel my $5k deposit on the 2013 Black Premium at my local dealer. The car will be arriving between March 1st and March 15th. If you are interested in reserving this car, PM me and I will provide you with the dealer name and point of contact.

·
Bone Stock
236 Posts
What made you change your mind back to the 2012 BE? I thought you hated the seats in the BE?

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What made you change your mind back to the 2012 BE? I thought you hated the seats in the BE?
Ok. Here we go. So, before I even posted on this forum about looking to get into a GT-R, I always wanted a Black GT-R (I've stated this in my other topics). Well, when Black Edition was released I told myself that I had to have a GT-R with that package. During my search for the 2012 GT-R's, I only came across a Red BE within a reasonable distance radius from where I live (as stated in one of my topics, I walked on the car because of the color). So, after two weeks of going round and round about the Red BE and ordering a new 2013 Black Premium, I put a deposit on the 2013. So, two days ago I decided to do another search online for 2012 BE's and just my luck I found a brand new 2012 Black BE in Georgia. My mind and heart started racing. I called the dealer immediately to find out if the car was still available and if they would discount the car. I got on the phone with the salesman and asked by how much would he discount the car... he said "sure, I'll give you $3000 off". I said I'll have my leasing company (AutoFlex) call you ASAP to start the process.

Now, back to your comment about the seats. When I sat in Red BE for about 10 minutes, the seats did seem firm and are heavily bolstered. However, others on this forum have stated that the seats will break-in eventually and become a little more comfortable. I just cannot pass up the rarity of having a GT-R with BE trim and that red/black contrast... Sick!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well done....in Cali, they want $3k+ blood money for '12's still. Horrible Nissan experience for us here.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Congrats on the '12 BE!

·
There can be only one.
1,004 Posts
Ok. Here we go. So, before I even posted on this forum about looking to get into a GT-R, I always wanted a Black GT-R (I've stated this in my other topics). Well, when Black Edition was released I told myself that I had to have a GT-R with that package. During my search for the 2012 GT-R's, I only came across a Red BE within a reasonable distance radius from where I live (as stated in one of my topics, I walked on the car because of the color). So, after two weeks of going round and round about the Red BE and ordering a new 2013 Black Premium, I put a deposit on the 2013. So, two days ago I decided to do another search online for 2012 BE's and just my luck I found a brand new 2012 Black BE in Georgia. My mind and heart started racing. I called the dealer immediately to find out if the car was still available and if they would discount the car. I got on the phone with the salesman and asked by how much would he discount the car... he said "sure, I'll give you $3000 off". I said I'll have my leasing company (AutoFlex) call you ASAP to start the process.

Now, back to your comment about the seats. When I sat in Red BE for about 10 minutes, the seats did seem firm and are heavily bolstered. However, others on this forum have stated that the seats will break-in eventually and become a little more comfortable. I just cannot pass up the rarity of having a GT-R with BE trim and that red/black contrast... Sick!
If you don't mind me asking, why would you lease one of these cars?
Depreciation seems very, very stable on the GT-R but I'm sure you're going to get screwed on the residual. In the end, I'd figure you'll end up paying far more to lease it than if you bought it and then sold it down the road. IMO you're going to pay out the ass for 36-months then have nothing to show for it.
S.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm interested in seeing if he can get his $5k deposit back. Here in Oz you'd have no chance of getting it back unless you could have someone else take over your order.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depreciation seems very, very stable on the GT-R but I'm sure you're going to get screwed on the residual. In the end, I'd figure you'll end up paying far more to lease it than if you bought it and then sold it down the road. IMO you're going to pay out the ass for 36-months then have nothing to show for it.
S.
Well, the two primary reasons why I am leasing are: 1. I'm going to write off the payments and maintenance through my company 2. I have not kept one single car that I have owned longer than 2 years. I can't assume with the GT-R, as amazing as it is, that I will decide to keep it beyond 2-3 years. My money factor is really low, but, you're right, the residual will be lower than average (around 55%). I know that by lease end I'm going to be ready for something new, given my track record with cars, and hopefully that is a new R36. I'm sure Nissan won't produce another MY for the R35, so we should see an R36 some time in 2013 or 2014. My guess is that Nissan will allow a 1 year lapse between GT-R generations, similar to what BMW does with ///M cars.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm interested in seeing if he can get his $5k deposit back. Here in Oz you'd have no chance of getting it back unless you could have someone else take over your order.
Yes, the operative word is "order", which is not the case for me. I put a refundable deposit on a GT-R that the dealer decided to order with no customer reservation. It's basically an allocation that they decided to accept and I was given first dibs by my local dealer. I spoke with my salesman earlier today and he said that they will credit my card back first thing tomorrow morning. It's the same here in the US as it is in AU, if you place an "order" and decide to cancel after the car goes into production, you forfeit your deposit. I'm actually out of $1000 from the 2012 Individual M3 Coupe order that I cancelled recently.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, the two primary reasons why I am leasing are: 1. I'm going to write off the payments and maintenance through my company 2. I have not kept one single car that I have owned longer than 2 years. I can't assume with the GT-R, as amazing as it is, that I will decide to keep it beyond 2-3 years. My money factor is really low, but, you're right, the residual will be lower than average (around 55%). I know that by lease end I'm going to be ready for something new, given my track record with cars, and hopefully that is a new R36. I'm sure Nissan won't produce another MY for the R35, so we should see an R36 some time in 2013 or 2014. My guess is that Nissan will allow a 1 year lapse between GT-R generations, similar to what BMW does with ///M cars.
I think you will be waiting for that R36 a little while longer than you reference above....

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
S.
Why can't I still sell the car at lease end and make a profit? As you stated, depreciation for the GT-R is stable so I should have no problem selling the car for a profit. The way I see it, I have the best of both worlds. I get to write off the lease payments and maintenance and then I can sell it in three years at a profit.

·
There can be only one.
1,004 Posts
Why can't I still sell the car at lease end and make a profit? As you stated, depreciation for the GT-R is stable so I should have no problem selling the car for a profit. The way I see it, I have the best of both worlds. I get to write off the lease payments and maintenance and then I can sell it in three years at a profit.
Three days later?
When are you taking delivery?
S.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KBB says that a 2010 GT-R Premium @ 24K miles is $66,700. With 12k miles it's $69,700. That's a $3k difference for a 12K miles difference. If the current rate of depreciation doesn't change and all other things being equal, a 2012 GT-R with 36k miles in 3 years should value in around $60-65K. The residual for my car will be at around $50K, so I could sell the car and make $10-15K. Basically, I would be getting my down payment back from the car. However, I will be making money from the car each year through write-offs.

How's my math?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.