Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there, the title pretty much sums it up...

I want to buy (as I did with my 2011) a 2013 nissan gtr be edition, either white or blue... for export to peru.

I will pay cash, and take care of sea shipping and handling of the car to be exported through port of miami.

Regards

William

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Nissan currently does not have rules against exporting as I've brokered dozens of cars out of Florida.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do actually have some experience exporting cars (for my personal use) from USA to Peru... toyota tacoma, lancer evo X, nissan gtr, ford f150 raptor...

All i need is a dealer that is willing to sell me the car and ship it close to port of miami, I can take care of everything after that....

I am at a waiting list at boulder nissan for the second batch 2013 gtrs if they can get any more... great guys, very honest and pro active...

regards

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
contact some dealers directly and pay a deposit. I wonder why the Peruvian Nissan dealer won't import GT-R's? Does the Chile Nissan dealer offer the GT-R?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
contact some dealers directly and pay a deposit. I wonder why the Peruvian Nissan dealer won't import GT-R's? Does the Chile Nissan dealer offer the GT-R?
there is a regional restriction on the gtr for south america, tried many times with my local dealer before I decided myself to import my 2011 gtr...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The GTR is a difficult car to buy, just to have here. You have to go through quite a bit of effort to get one!

Just curious, how long does it take you to get the car going through customs and shipping?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was actually very quick, approximate times for my 2011 were

- since car arrival to the freight forward in Miami, going through customs up to shipping around 7 days with the vessel confirmed
- it took 18 days of sea travel for the gtr to arrive by sea to Lima, Peru
- clearing customs, payings duties, etc up to physically having the car in my garage around 15 days.
- getting license plates and registration with import documents it took around 10 days.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
The GTR is a difficult car to buy, just to have here. You have to go through quite a bit of effort to get one!
difficult to buy?.....what do you mean by that and having to go through a lot to have one?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$ 95,000 for a new 2012 black edition would be a good deal?

Or wait for 2013 an pay around 105k

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts
Ask your wallet that question :p

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
depends how much you want the carbon spoiler all the difference of price is in that spoiler
I like it, but can live without it, not so sure about the extra 15 hp though

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
difficult to buy?.....what do you mean by that and having to go through a lot to have one?
I should have explained better. When I mean difficult to buy, I'm talking about all the BS the dealers give you. Out of the 25+ dealers I contacted before buying my car, I would say 4 were fair and were not trying to bend me over backwards looking for 120,000$. I can't tell you how many times I heard "this is the very last year this car is being made" or "this car is very rare, we're only asking 25k" over sticker.

And as far as you having to go through a lot to get one, I was referring to the OP. He can't just walk into the dealer with a check. He has to find a reputable dealer here, who is charging a fair price, then work out all the shipping details which I'm sure are not an easy task.

It's hard enough finding a reputable dealer, I can only imagine how hard it is when your not even in the same country and have to trust them to get it to the port for you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Finally decided to wait or 2013, mainly because I made numbers with my wife and we have to spend a lot of money in the next six months in two new properties we are buying in Peru, and since all my left over money is in stocks... Might as well wait for the market to try to rebound in the first two quarters of 2012... Let's hope so...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.