Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a few dyno results for the 2013s now. Wondering if anyone has done a dyno with just a mid pipe on the 2013? Generally I understand a midpipe should add 15-20hp. Question is how much does just a mid pipe add to the 2013? How does this change the power curve? Maybe just a mid pipe would produce 10sec quarter miles routinely. Does a mid pipe usually improve or hurt 0-60 times on a 2012 without other mods? I have heard an entire exhaust such as meistershaft can cause a loss of low end torque which is why I am considering just a mid pipe.

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
a midpipe will give you routine 10 sec 1/4 miles on a 2013... i expect it will add the same hp as it does to a 12 as the stock tune is the same and they dyno less than 10hp difference... ... i easily ran 10.9s with just a midpipe on my 12 best 0-60 improved about a tenth so about 2.7 with it

·
Registered
193 Posts
does the 13 have a tune? just got my 13 herd that there is no software for the cobb for 13s??

·
Registered
134 Posts
a midpipe will give you routine 10 sec 1/4 miles on a 2013... i expect it will add the same hp as it does to a 12 as the stock tune is the same and they dyno less than 10hp difference... ... i easily ran 10.9s with just a midpipe on my 12 best 0-60 improved about a tenth so about 2.7 with it
Thanks for the infor MC.
How about mid pipe and catback with stock turn? Will the car loss lower end toque because of lower back pressure?
My car has HKS resonated mid pipe and meistershaft catback. I feel it tiny slower when I am driving in city 0-50 kmh
But above 3500krpm car feels quicker.
Should I put the stock cat back back? Bur the meistershaft sounds lovely

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
Thanks for the infor MC.
How about mid pipe and catback with stock turn? Will the car loss lower end toque because of lower back pressure?
My car has HKS resonated mid pipe and meistershaft catback. I feel it tiny slower when I am driving in city 0-50 kmh
But above 3500krpm car feels quicker.
Should I put the stock cat back back? Bur the meistershaft sounds lovely
I dont think it would hurt it as the OEM exhaust especially with the small tweaks made on the 2012+ is really efficient so much so that if you already have a midpipe your catback on a stock tune is really going to be for looks and added tone.. I sure mean you might find an additional 5 or so hp with the combo on top of a midpipe but I doubt you are losing much if any. you would have to look at a dyno to know but seat of the pants it should be so close you wouldnt be able to tell ..at least from my experience

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
MC, are you saying that the '12 and '13 have a 10whp difference stock? I have a '12 w/ mid-pipe.

·
e^-2(PI)(i)(w)(x) dx
326 Posts
[quote name='doctorshumes' timestamp='1333246261' post='873244']

We have a few dyno results for the 2013s now. Wondering if anyone has done a dyno with just a mid pipe on the 2013? Generally I understand a midpipe should add 15-20hp. Question is how much does just a mid pipe add to the 2013? How does this change the power curve? Maybe just a mid pipe would produce 10sec quarter miles routinely. Does a mid pipe usually improve or hurt 0-60 times on a 2012 without other mods? I have heard an entire exhaust such as meistershaft can cause a loss of low end torque which is why I am considering just a mid pipe.

[/quote]

I have done an extensive test that includes the parameters you mentioned above

Stock: http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/94535-2014-dyno-tuning-before-modifications-lots-of-data/
Midpipe: http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/94783-2014-dyno-tuning-with-midpipe-lots-of-data/
Full BoltOns: http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/95151-2014-dyno-tuning-stage-23-full-bolt-ons-lots-of-data/
Full BoltOns and E85: http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/95459-2014-dyno-tuning-stage-23-full-bolt-ons-plus-e85-lots-of-data/

Oh, and clearly adding an exhaust does not reduce low end torque.

Jeff

·
Registered
190 Posts
sponaugle.....can't download your links at all. Could you provide the HP and Torque numbers on 1) pure stock 2013 and 2) just the midpipe addition, what the changes were? Thanks!

·
e^-2(PI)(i)(w)(x) dx
326 Posts
sponaugle.....can't download your links at all. Could you provide the HP and Torque numbers on 1) pure stock 2013 and 2) just the midpipe addition, what the changes were? Thanks!
I fixed the links. The first and second links have the info you are looking for, and provide some good data as there is more to it then just the peak HP and Torque numbers.

Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.