Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am currently running a stock 2013 gtr. And been pumping 93 gas. Would like to know the best approach towards going e85?

What all do I need to get this right..

NOTE***running stock intakes.. ETS down pipes along with Akrapovic Titanium midpipe and exhaust system. Also got the the ecutek bluetooth thingy tuned by Ben Linney godzilla mode (have yet to plug it in and play with it)

·
Super Moderator
9,135 Posts
Flex fuel kit ( i suggest the GotBoost one)

3" inch takes

e85 fuel pumps

Injectors

And i'd recommend a FP monitoring kit from GotBoost

·
Kevin
440 Posts
ID1050 injectors will be fine for e85 but I suggest getting ID1300 if you do a turbo upgrade at some point. AEM 340 fuel pumps will be a good choice. Visconti flex fuel kit is pretty common.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You will want some sort of serviceable fuel filter as well. E85 will clog up filters fast and you can end up with popped fuses and burnt out pumps. Both Visconti fuel basket and Ansu Baby Battleship have serviceable post filters and are drop in so you don't have to hack up your stock basket.

I haven't personally converted to E85 yet. My car sits too much working from home during COVID. E85 is not very stable sitting around compared to pump gas ... just an FYI.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will want some sort of serviceable fuel filter as well. E85 will clog up filters fast and you can end up with popped fuses and burnt out pumps. Both Visconti fuel basket and Ansu Baby Battleship have serviceable post filters and are drop in so you don't have to hack up your stock basket.

I haven't personally converted to E85 yet. My car sits too much working from home during COVID. E85 is not very stable sitting around compared to pump gas ... just an FYI.
I honestly try to take it out only on the weekends.. mainly Friday Saturdays and sometimes Sunday.. you think it wont be a good idea for me to convert?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I drive my car with the same frequency you do. I went E85 with the GotBoost kit and ASNU 330 pumps on 1100cc injectors - no issues. I do one E85 fill to every four pup gas fills and use a Lucas fuel conditioner on the E85 fill ups. This keeps everything happy regarding filter longevity, etc. Depending on your area, "E85" may be relative - you'll inevitably have some residual pump gas mixing that dilutes the ethanol content, even when running the fuel gauge range down to -- and the fuel stations can market "E85" as low as 70% ethanol. I have never been able to achieve more than 68% on my ethanol content readings, but I guess that's enough to make a difference.

Most love it, but I found the performance impact to be negligible, and would probably not do it over again.

·
Super Moderator
9,135 Posts
I drive my car with the same frequency you do. I went E85 with the GotBoost kit and ASNU 330 pumps on 1100cc injectors - no issues. I do one E85 fill to every four pup gas fills and use a Lucas fuel conditioner on the E85 fill ups. This keeps everything happy regarding filter longevity, etc. Depending on your area, "E85" may be relative - you'll inevitably have some residual pump gas mixing that dilutes the ethanol content, even when running the fuel gauge range down to -- and the fuel stations can market "E85" as low as 70% ethanol. I have never been able to achieve more than 68% on my ethanol content readings, but I guess that's enough to make a difference.

Most love it, but I found the performance impact to be negligible, and would probably not do it over again.
I'd try a different tuner, the performance if you are at fbo should be easily noticeable.

·
Registered
562 Posts
E85 is hygroscopic meaning it pulls moisture out of the air the longer it sits. If you are driving every weekend you are probably OK, but try to put the car up with a full tank as the less air in the tank the better.

In my case, I only used one tank of gas in 2020 ... and I believe I've only refueled once this year as well so I'm gonna hold off on E85 until I go back to the office.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I'd try a different tuner, the performance if you are at fbo should be easily noticeable.
Maybe my "butt dyno" is more Mustang than Dynojet ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.