Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
So 7:21 is the official time?
its on the official JDM Nissan site for the new car...... it looks like it is.... unless im missing something here

the 2012 never got a real attempt so who knows how much it could have knocked off the 7:24 in perfect conditions ... so it looks like the 2013 improvements showed a marginal change

would like to see the track pack time

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
looks like we might be on the limit of the R35 chassis.. I bet the 2012 owners are relieved that the 2013 Nurburgring time is only a few sec or so faster hahah.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
The first 3 seconds of the lap time were left out of the video. Weird! 7:21 is not bad. At least it is faster than Z06! Who knows, maybe next year they will run again.....

·
Troller
3,473 Posts
looks like we might be on the limit of the R35 chassis.. I bet the 2012 owners are relieved that the 2013 Nurburgring time is only a few sec or so faster hahah.
I wouldn't say that, what you're looking at is the limitations imposed by the engineers to keep the R35 chassis balanced i.e. optimized around response times and costs. I'm sure if they said to hell with comfort and drive-ability, you'd see a much faster GTR.

·
Registered
809 Posts
When driven hard in corners, the 2013 still appears to have some understeer from what I can see. I agree with the 2012 really having a better lap time of probably 7:22.5 in good weather. With the 2012 having "more ridgidity" and 5 lb more "downforce" and 45 more bhp, it should have shaved 3-4 seconds off the 2010-2011's ring time of 7:26.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not to take away from a 7:21, as that is very impressive, and even more so when considering the power vs. weight. I've had a suspicion that they want to live the R33 days all over again and be the first to crack that 7 minute mark. They remind me of Apple, teasingly releasing upgraded versions.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Not to take away from a 7:21, as that is very impressive, and even more so when considering the power vs. weight. I've had a suspicion that they want to live the R33 days all over again and be the first to crack that 7 minute mark. They remind me of Apple, teasingly releasing upgraded versions.
I think that will require a Z-Tune variant.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Was he really pulling +/- 2.5 G's of lateral force in the curves?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts