Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
GT-R Driver
799 Posts
Just wanted to finally put my build up here. I usually don't post build threads but I thought that this one deserved it due to the amount of research and time I put in it before the build was even started. I was looking to build something that would be just about right for daily driving and some high speed runs. We in Georgia are lucky to have three great places within driving range (Forged Performance, TSM and DBW). I decided to go with Forged Performance due to closest driving range and the ability to provide all services without having to send parts to other places.

Overall the project went way too smooth and the only delay was when BoostLogic was not able to send my Manifold in time. Once everything was done, it was a dream to take her for a spin. I arrange local Atlanta monthly mountain runs and this car has been a JOY to drive between those, school bus duty for kids and regular daily driving.

Car is putting down roughly 1240whp and 870tq.

The main reason to build this car was to have something that I can jump in every day and drive without worrying about a race-car feel. I think Sharif was able to make this happen.

MAJOR ISSUE:

The only issue I have right now is that I am thinking about selling this car and doing a new build with Alpha16 because the learning experience was amazing and now I can see how it is so easy to build a fast car that can be a DD

Engine Build:
  • Block balanced, blueprinted
  • Ferrea Valves and retainers
  • Kelford Cams
  • Kelford Springs
  • Nissan GTR Main Bearings
  • Arias FP Spec 9.5:1 GT-R Pistons coated set 95.5 Standard Bore
  • AMS Alpha 12 Turbo Kit
  • AMS Billet wheel v bank Turbo chargers. GT35 Variant
  • AMS V band manifolds
  • AMS Intake piping and filters
  • ALPHA Nissan GT-R Fuel rail kit with regulator BLACK
  • AMS Heat Shield thermal protection system
  • Tial Q Blow Off Valve, 11 psi Spring, Red
  • AMS Down Pipes
  • AMS oil and coolant lines
  • AMS turbo support brackets
  • AMS Map sensor
  • Alpha Performance R35 GT-R Intercooler Pipe Kit [Alpha Intercooler - TiAL BOV Flanges]
  • AMS boost control solenoid
  • Boost Logic Intake manifold Nissan GT-R 2008+ RED - 6 injector version
  • AMS FMIC Kit
  • Injector Dynamics ID1700 Injectors
  • T1R Complete Flex Fuel using Zetronics fuel flex converter
  • GT1R CNC Air/Oil Separator Kit with drainback
  • GTR fuel fail switch
  • Walbro 485 E85 Fuel pump
  • AMS Nissan GT-R Coolant Expansion Tank Kit *Black Powder Coat Finish*
Transmission:
  • Forged Performance Transmission
  • Dodson Clutch pack Shim 1.2mm S version
  • Dodson Exedy Friction Disc 1.55mm
  • Willall Racing R35 GR6 Transmission Brace
  • Dodson Race Version Sport Transmission Fluid
  • Dodson Sportsman Clutch Assembly with Alloy Piston 9 plate 900 ft/lbs
  • Dodson Extreme Duty 1-6 Gear Set comes with MC2 and 6th Gear Selector Shaft and 6th Gear Selecto
Exhaust:
  • GTC R35 102mm Titanium Exhaust; Includes Ti Y Pipe Matte Finish
  • AMS Down Pipes
Suspension & Brakes
  • Ohlins Nissan Road & Track coilovers for GT-R (R35)
  • Alcon GT-R Super Kit Big Brake Kit
Exterior:
  • 2015 Nissan GT-R Headlights
  • 2015 Nissan GT-R Tail Lights
  • RevoZport GT-R R-Track Front Splitter with Brake Duct Kit 6K Carbon Matte Finish
  • Rexpeed 6K Carbon Matte Finish Side Skirts
  • Rexpeed Carbon Hood Dampers GT-R)
  • TiTek Matte Carbon DBA Rear Valance
  • Matte Carbon Hood Vents (Naca Ducts)
  • Matte Carbon Fender Emblem Cover
  • Rexpeed Matte Carbon Fiber Mirror Bottom Covers
  • Black Edition Comes with Matte Rear Spoiler
  • Rexpeed Smoked GT-R Trunk Emblem
  • Smoked ALPHA Trunk Emblem and Front Grill Emblem
Interior
  • Matte Carbon Steering Wheel with Alcantara Red Grips, Carbon Center Switch Panel and Red center ring
  • AutoTecknic Shifter Paddles with RED Pedal Signs
  • Carbon Wrap on non CF Pieces on Dash
Wheels and Tires
  • Klassen Forged M52R 20x12 Rear and 20x10 Front Nissan Graphite Custom Powder Coated
  • Michelin PSS 335/30/20 in the rear and Michelin PSS 295/35/20 in Front
Electronics
  • Cobb AP V3 with TCM
  • Passport 9500ci Custom Installed Radar System
  • Passport Rear View Mounted Display
  • ALP Front and Rear Laser Protection System
  • LED Smoked Front Side Markers
  • LED License Plate Bulbs
Shoutouts to: [email protected] Performance, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Automotive, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and a few unknown fellows

Tal - You still owe me those two CF pieces ;)

Here are a few pictures from the photoshoot that we did.

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Wow, awesome build! Love everything done, sick

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Jeezus

·
Boost Whore
686 Posts
MAJOR ISSUE:

The only issue I have right now is that I am thinking about selling this car and doing a new build with Alpha16 because the learning experience was amazing and now I can see how it is so easy to build a fast car that can be a DD
Nice car and nice numbers, but - I have a problem with this statement.

Its EASY to pay someone else to build a fast car that can be a DD. There's significant time, energy, and money that goes into finding combinations that work.

My challenge to you would be to try piecing together the next one on your own. I bet your statement changes

I have no problem with people who would rather just pay to have a build done, because thats what keeps my hobby rolling. But I feel you're taking a lot away from the people who built it (and these cars in general) by saying its easy.

·
GT-R Driver
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice car and nice numbers, but - I have a problem with this statement.

Its EASY to pay someone else to build a fast car that can be a DD. There's significant time, energy, and money that goes into finding combinations that work.

My challenge to you would be to try piecing together the next one on your own. I bet your statement changes

I have no problem with people who would rather just pay to have a build done, because thats what keeps my hobby rolling. But I feel you're taking a lot away from the people who built it (and these cars in general) by saying its easy.
I think I should have said it a little differently
If it wasn't for the guys I thanked earlier, it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to build this car. What I meant was that I always thought that going higher in HP means sacrificing comfort but working with Forged and couple of other vendors on my build I have changed my opinion. So now I can have an Alpha16 which is comfortable enough to be a DD :D

I hope that clears it up

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Awesome car and build!

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
I think I should have said it a little differently
If it wasn't for the guys I thanked earlier, it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to build this car. What I meant was that I always thought that going higher in HP means sacrificing comfort but working with Forged and couple of other vendors on my build I have changed my opinion. So now I can have an Alpha16 which is comfortable enough to be a DD :D

I hope that clears it up
A huge part of what makes big builds successful is having a client like Max4Speed that gave us a goal to achieve, and then we delivered on that goal. He is no rookie, and definitely does his homework and research. He even went so far as to "test" us with a couple of smaller builds to see how things went. When those projects finished on time and on budget, he decided to have us do his Alpha 12. I feel very fortunate and humbled that he chose my team to do this build start to finish.

With 10 years continuous operations, always under the same FORGED name...I've learned many things along the way. I've noticed is that the majority of people on the forums are looking for balanced builds. Finding that optimum balance takes take, experience, and most importantly...really sound judgment. Our goal is to reimagine the limits of a daily driver GT-R. I am talking about cars that can take 15-20K miles each year of daily road use while still maintaining perfect normal driving manners. That's the theme of this build and many others that have left our shop this year alone. Sure, we do our share of race car single-purpose builds but there is there nothing more satisfying than driving these big projects daily. It's worth a million smiles a day.

Another theme that has worked well for us, is our singular focus on doing everything in-house. There are no fingers to point, no questions of responsibility or accountability, no "waiting on this guy" or "waiting on that guy". We blueprint and assemble and our engines AND transmission in house from start to finish. Only then can we true guarantee the outcome of our efforts. Thank you Mr. "O" for this great opportunity and I think this is definitely our most exciting build of the year. But then again, there are two still months left in 2015; plenty of time for that Alpha 16.

Sincerely,

Sharif

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
With 10 years continuous operations, always under the same FORGED name...I've learned many things along the way. I've noticed is that the majority of people on the forums are looking for balanced builds. Finding that optimum balance takes take, experience, and most importantly...really sound judgment. Our goal is to reimagine the limits of a daily driver GT-R. I am talking about cars that can take 15-20K miles each year of daily road use while still maintaining perfect normal driving manners. That's the theme of this build and many others that have left our shop this year alone. Sure, we do our share of race car single-purpose builds but there is there nothing more satisfying than driving these big projects daily. It's worth a million smiles a day.
^That... cannot applaud that attitude and approach enough. Sharif and team did my (essentially) FBO upgrade roughly 2 1/2 years ago hitting the targets I had in mind. At this point I have 30K+ miles on that build with no issues and lots of smiles.

·
GT-R Driver
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No videos yet. Last mountain run I had videos of others since I was the camera car :( Let's see what else we get this coming mountain run

1 - 20 of 44 Posts