Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up race between a 2013 Nissan GT-R Black Edition vs 2012 Nissan GT-R with a tune, both using launch control. The 2012 spun while the 2013 hooked up.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Hard to match OEM spool up.....whichever of these shops do it first then there will be some serious drag times. Would love to see both cars on a road course time attack...

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
Cool vids.....as for hooking up or not...I bet I did 20 runs today with 7 different 2012's and 2 2013s
And it was weird some cars hooked and some spun horribly.... a few of the 12s felt alot stronger than
The others

What was the 13's time with your box? I only had my GPS app and it said it ran 11.0 but the trap was way low

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
Hard to match OEM spool up.....whichever of these shops do it first then there will be some serious drag times. Would love to see both cars on a road course time attack...
My initial impression is while the 13s suspension was about the same the overall power curve did feel a little
Different like coming out of a turn In 3rd to 4th gear....

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
2013 BE:

Accel results
Speed(mph) Time(s)
0-60 03.3
0-100 07.6

Accel Distance results
Distance() Time(s) @Speed(mph)
0-60' 01.9 39.5
0-330' 04.9 78.0
0-660' 07.5 99.1
0-1320' 11.5 122.0

My 2012 (spun off the line):

Accel results
Speed(mph) Time(s)
0-60 03.1
0-100 07.1

Accel Distance results
Distance() Time(s) @Speed(mph)
0-60' 01.8 39.0
0-330' 04.8 80.0
0-660' 07.3 101.7
0-1320' 11.2 126.4

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
the red 2013 BE seemed to hook the best of any i drove

one other thing i noticed was some of the cars to me felt like they could cross the line in 4th while the next car i jumped in felt like it needed a shift to 5th... also looking down at the speedo i saw as low as 119 and as high as 124 when i crossed in different cars....Koji-San from nissan japan told me some good tips for next time i go to the strip... but didnt get the joke when i asked him if he had a broom to sweep the ground for me

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts

...Koji-San from nissan japan told me some good tips for next time i go to the strip...
I plan to drag my GT-R before I do any autocross or track days. What should I know so I can get a good launch with minimal wheel slip and come close to crossing the line in 4th?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Too bad telemetry wasn't hooked up back then :( but that was 4rth red line almost at the line .

·
Registered
187 Posts

one other thing i noticed was some of the cars to me felt like they could cross the line in 4th while the next car i jumped in felt like it needed a shift to 5th... also looking down at the speedo i saw as low as 119 and as high as 124 when i crossed in different cars....Koji-San from nissan japan told me some good tips for next time i go to the strip... but didnt get the joke when i asked him if he had a broom to sweep the ground for me
Where did you get to drive all these GTRs? Too bad he didn't have any of those brooms handy. He could have gave you one to keep in your trunk....official GTR broom

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
other thing i noticed was some of the cars to me felt like they could cross the line in 4th while the next car i jumped in felt like it needed a shift to 5th... also looking down at the speedo i saw as low as 119 and as high as 124 when i crossed in different cars....Koji-San from nissan japan told me some good tips for next time i go to the strip... but didnt get the joke when i asked him if he had a broom to sweep the ground for me
This was a problem for me when I had my '09 after I added mid-pipe and tune. At 1/4-mile, it had a tendency to shift to 5th right at or before the line. I think if you manual shift and hold 4th across the line you would see a marginally better time on the run

·
Registered
124 Posts
MC, do you mind sharing the tips they provided. You also mentioned a difference in the power band between the 12 and 13 for what you felt. Could you elaborate a little more.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I think he said something about the mid-range power esp coming out of a corner in 3rd, he may have noted a slight difference in how the power came on. He also mentioned something about higher trap speed in the quarters of maybe 3-4 mph......i guess he'll chime in @ some point

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.