Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for sharing this info.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Great post

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
amazing

we cant get anywhere near those times here in Aus

·
Registered
667 Posts
The Racelogic Performancebox (VBOX) recorded a 0-60 MPH time of just 2.78 seconds.

With or without 1-foot roll-out?
In the log files all data without rollout, but in showed vbox screen with rollout if you selected this option, and best and result files also have all datas with rollout.
All drag strip measured 1foot or more rollout.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
In the log files all data without rollout, but in showed vbox screen with rollout if you selected this option, and best and result files also have all datas with rollout.
All drag strip measured 1foot or more rollout.
So that 2.78 second time most likely includes roll-out then. Real 0-60 should be 2.8 or 2.9, which makes 0-100 kph time, around 3 seconds flat.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Fikse

An excellent and very thorough write-up!

The only thing that I would add is that the power curves above 4,800RPM are nearly identical up to about 6,800RPM and the '13 seems to make its peak power beyond 7,000RPM in comparison to the '12 which tapers off just before 7,000RPM. It would seem to me that over a 1/4 mile run with nearly identical hp over the useable RPM range of 4.500 to 7,000RPM...it should be no surprise that the cars should run basically the same times (given the same weather and track conditions). That little extra power at launch RPMs appears to help the '13 GT-R. The drag and dyno tests are proving out that there is not a significant difference between the '12 and '13 GT-Rs in the power department. The transmission (hardware and software) improvements may benefit the '13 GT-R...especially in concert with the slightly improved power in the 4,000 - 4,800RPM range....but it does not appear to be enough to back up some early claims of 10.6s 400m times. I am sure we will see your '13 GT-R in the 10s...but it seems like the weather is heating up...so we might have to wait until the fall at this point. Good luck!

Tom

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
Fikse

An excellent and very thorough write-up!

The only thing that I would add is that the power curves above 4,800RPM are nearly identical up to about 6,800RPM and the '13 seems to make its peak power beyond 7,000RPM in comparison to the '12 which tapers off just before 7,000RPM. It would seem to me that over a 1/4 mile run with nearly identical hp over the useable RPM range of 4.500 to 7,000RPM...it should be no surprise that the cars should run basically the same times (given the same weather and track conditions). That little extra power at launch RPMs appears to help the '13 GT-R. The drag and dyno tests are proving out that there is not a significant difference between the '12 and '13 GT-Rs in the power department. The transmission (hardware and software) improvements may benefit the '13 GT-R...especially in concert with the slightly improved power in the 4,000 - 4,800RPM range....but it does not appear to be enough to back up some early claims of 10.6s 400m times. I am sure we will see your '13 GT-R in the 10s...but it seems like the weather is heating up...so we might have to wait until the fall at this point. Good luck!

Tom
yeah a few weeks ago someone asked me if i could tell a difference in the 13 power wise over the 12.... i said then if i was forced to pick something it was a slight difference in how the power came on coming out of a turn like right after the upshift (2-3) (3-4) i guess seeing that dyno i was catching the tail end of that different torque curve right at the start of the next gear.... like i said it was subtle.... so that is indeed interesting to see and like you said on a starightline it probably wont be much different except for the initial launch i think that is where you you can cut into the 10's but it looks like traps might be right on point with the 12... those 1.60-1.61 60fts with successful shifts should put the car mid 10.9s.... i dont know how i pulled of 10.95s with 1.69s must have been the slightly negative DA that made up for it

the track pack did 10.8's on a 400m backstretch of Sendai raceway.... i think it would be great to see a 10.8 run out of a 13 with perfect circumstances but like you said we are getting into warmer weather...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Well that didn't take long :) Lot of guys driving old 2012's are feeling much better now. Although I'm rooting fora stock run in the 10s

Couple things I'm curious about

Mileage on the car vs last car when you did dyno and 1/4 mile. Temperature ?

May be to early to tell without more miles but any differences in ride ? Transmission feel?

Thx for the awesome write up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.