Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I submitted my info online and got a call from a Nissan dealer, Midway Nissan. A salesperson Kathy called to ask if I'd be interested in a 2009 SS/black with 12K miles on it. She pushed a few times but I want the little extras Nissan has put into the '13. She then told me that each Nissan dealer is only getting 1 GTR and that there will be an auction(!) for that GTR and she expects it to sell for $120K!!!! WTF?? Has anyone heard of that one before? The auction part. Most know that Jason at Boulder Nissan has been allotted and pre-sold 5 already(dam). But an AUCTION?? Is that an AZ thing or an unscrupulous dealer thing? Maybe a combo meal?

A doctor that I know referred me to an AWESOME dealer in the Scottsdale, AZ area. I will buy there or at a dealer in Tucson, as long as I get the price I want. FINALLY after almost 4 years of buying other cars and houses, it's GTR time;)

Just wanted to get some info from you guys to see your thoughts/reactions.

Going for a 2013 Premium Deep Blue Pearl w/Blk interior;)
Crazy excited:)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
They are assholes if they told you that, they are just trying to push you to pay way over msrp. Stories like this bring me back to the horror of trying to buy my car, eventually having it shipped cross country.

What dealer in Scottsdale?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I felt for the lady because she thought that might work on me;) Already got a dealer in Scottsdale. Placing a refundable deposit after X-mas. Still curious on the price increase. Still no word huh guys? MC?

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
I'm still hearingco 95ish for premium and definitely over 100k for black...I heard as high as 105...but all unconfirmed until January

My dealer is gonna sale their entire allocation to nagtroc members by the way

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NC, right? Any benefits buying there? Below MSRP, etc? I'm in southern AZ so I'd have to ship it:/ I'm dealing with Pinnacle NIssan in Scottsdale. Heard good things of them? They say they are getting 8 next year. 2 are sold. A doctor I know said hands down buy from them. He got zero love in Tucson from the dealer he got his 2009 so he went there and they did 100% of what he wanted;)

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Let's open a section that lists GT-R dealers nationwide with the horror stories. This will become a section that comes up when you google it and I hope the dealerships can straighten up a bit.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I agree with the bad dealer section, it seems almost everyone has a few stories to tell.

I was kicked out of a dealer here in NY. I told the salesman I was looking for 1,000 over invoice. The salesman came back and told me "The sales manager is offended by your offer, the door is right there, you can leave". I walked out, FURIOUS. The next day I get a call from the greasy scum bag manager saying "We will do it for 1,000$ over invoice" I tell him I'm not sure I want to buy from them, he then says "I knew you weren't serious about buying this car, call me back when you are" then hangs up.

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Seriously put in an order with Jason and Ed @ Boulder Nissan. They can't guarantee it will be filled but Ed was pretty confident they would still accept orders.

I placed one in addition to their allocation and they accepted my order.

They are a class act to deal with and stand up guys at that.

The dealership you have just spoken to is on drugs... and not nearly the kind that I want to be on.

·
RSP fetish #23 GT-R driver
269 Posts
Stories like this one make me crazy. I am in market for 2013 BE in Deep Blue Pearl and afraid that it will be very difficult to get the car at the fair price. I will not (WILL NOT) pay any insane premiums and intend to pay MSRP. Biting my fingers and waiting for official pricing to be announced.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
KRZYKK,

I am anxiously awaiting the price too. I am going to research the average price for the 2012 in my state and negotiate a percentage off MSRP. Still making up my mind on a few things. I'm getting the same color with black interior;)

Haven't seen a Blue in AZ yet;)

A 6K increase sounds a bit too much for a few extra ponies but apparently there is more than that I hear...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pm me, had no issues when I bought my 12 in AZ....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.