Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
must be more than a 15HP in increase to drop 3 tenths from the 1/4 mile.... maybe a more aggressive launch in the 2013 as well....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good post MC, I do believe that the reviewer got the suspension spring rate changes the wrong way around, my understanding was that the OSF (right hand side front) of the car got the stiffer spring and not the NSF (left hand front), apart from that a decent review

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Hmm.. still contemplating the 2013 as an upgrade for my 2010.... I wish it had been that original 585hp story we heard in the beginning, that would have synched it for me. Any idea if the 2014 will get a bump over the 2013? (I'm sure no one knows yet).

Jon

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
must be more than a 15HP in increase to drop 3 tenths from the 1/4 mile.... maybe a more aggressive launch in the 2013 as well....
my guess is the bump is slightly underrated in general for the 2013 specs released (worldwide) and then tack the US small difference less than the Euro/Japanese spec. It will be interesting to see what a 2013 puts down on a dyno back-to-back with a stock 2012. Per Nissan, slightly less than 1/2 of that .3 improvement would come between 0-60. The rest is all pull down the stretch.

I'm curious if there is a safety or insurance consideration that works out better for being under 550hp or a certain power-to-weight.

·
Founder/Admin
26,502 Posts
my guess is the bump is slightly underrated in general for the 2013 specs released (worldwide) and then tack the US small difference less than the Euro/Japanese spec. It will be interesting to see what a 2013 puts down on a dyno back-to-back with a stock 2012. Per Nissan, slightly less than 1/2 of that .3 improvement would come between 0-60. The rest is all pull down the stretch.

I'm curious if there is a safety or insurance consideration that works out better for being under 550hp or a certain power-to-weight.
its not really 3 tenths a 2012 will do 11.0 and the 2013 they tested was minus the rear seats and had the track suspension...aswell as 96 octane

0-60 is improved by just over 1 tenth so we are talking a tenth or less top end..

.i would like to have known the trap...my guess is 126

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
For sure a lot of it is in the 60'. One tenth down low is usually equal to 2 tenth in the quarter. Notice the 60' was 2.7 which is crazy...

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
its not really 3 tenths a 2012 will do 11.0 and the 2013 they tested was minus the rear seats and had the track suspension...aswell as 96 octane

0-60 is improved by just over 1 tenth so we are talking a tenth or less top end..

.i would like to have known the trap...my guess is 126
The problem I see is there is no consistency in these comparisons... where are you getting 11.0 1/4-mile for the 2012? I know a few people have done that, but we are talking Motor Trend's test numbers here. And they tested the 2012 at 11.2sec, which is actually a difference of 0.4 in the 1/4. (also C&D's test came in at 11.2 and Inside Line was 11.1... even the 5 fastest stock 1/4-miles recorded by members here average to 11.1sec)

Based on the comparison's from same sources, you have Nissan's 0-60mph times, and Motor Trend's 1/4-mile times. The former are within .15sec whereas the latter are within .40sec, meaning over 1/2 of the time is achieved after the car is in motion. that additional .25sec has nothing to do with the LC or 60-foot times. It has everything to do with the HP it takes to get the car moving faster once it is already in motion doing 60mph.

And really, I say this is all conjecture until we see a 2012 and 2013 go back to back on a dyno.

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts
585hp '14 would def give me a semi after I just bought my '09 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
now that the track pack has the rear seat delete, hopefully the seat trim and lower bolster oem parts will now be cheaper

waiting for the sponsors to jump on offering these parts just like they have the 2012 parts

highly unlikely we'll be getting the track pack in Aus - the rear seat delete would now classify it as a 2 seater, and a significant change like that would mean Nissan Aus would need to comply it all over again

·
Registered
100 Posts
The problem I see is there is no consistency in these comparisons... where are you getting 11.0 1/4-mile for the 2012? I know a few people have done that, but we are talking Motor Trend's test numbers here. And they tested the 2012 at 11.2sec, which is actually a difference of 0.4 in the 1/4. (also C&D's test came in at 11.2 and Inside Line was 11.1... even the 5 fastest stock 1/4-miles recorded by members here average to 11.1sec)

Based on the comparison's from same sources, you have Nissan's 0-60mph times, and Motor Trend's 1/4-mile times. The former are within .15sec whereas the latter are within .40sec, meaning over 1/2 of the time is achieved after the car is in motion. that additional .25sec has nothing to do with the LC or 60-foot times. It has everything to do with the HP it takes to get the car moving faster once it is already in motion doing 60mph.

And really, I say this is all conjecture until we see a 2012 and 2013 go back to back on a dyno.
What is crazy about their test results is "Fikse" ran a 10.7 on much higher power. He was making around 600+ (530WHP) not 545hp. I saw his video which says DA was around 2000. I do know that PBIR is only like 30 ft. above sea level so his numbers is probably a very good comparision against the test by Nissan. I assume the Nissan test track is also at sea level. How is that possible unless as MC says 96 octane and a lighter platform. The only other probability is the 60' but if I am not mistaken Fikse also had a 2.7 second 60'.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
What is crazy about their test results is "Fikse" ran a 10.7 on much higher power. He was making around 600+ (530WHP) not 545hp. I saw his video which says DA was around 2000. I do know that PBIR is only like 30 ft. above sea level so his numbers is probably a very good comparision against the test by Nissan. I assume the Nissan test track is also at sea level. How is that possible unless as MC says 96 octane and a lighter platform. The only other probability is the 60' but if I am not mistaken Fikse also had a 2.7 second 60'.
Fikse's car is not a stock for stock comparison, though, so it is invalid to compare to Nissan's test times.

·
Founder/Admin
26,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nothing is confirmed that far out just based on the comments made about how many more years left in the R35 platform

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.