Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I posted this under another topic about the rebates and received no response. Please assist individuals who have recently purchased a 2015 or 2016 BE SS.

I went into 6 different dealerships and offered $99,999.99 out the door on 2015 BE SS. In addition, I went into 2 dealerships and offered $110,000.00 out the door on 2016 BE SS. I feel like ten thousand extra justified a new year model.

I have been rejected 8 times now. My best price out the door was $107,000.00 for 15 and MSRP no discount for 16. Why will they not sell these cars for the price I want to buy them at?

Old model, last redesign was a long time ago. 16 has minimal changes. 15 are sitting on the lot for 8 plus months. Please help. I would like to purchase my dream car soon. I live in Los Angeles for tax calculation purposes.

Thank you anyone who can help me with my purchase. I appreciate all of your time in reading my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I know in SoCal it's harder to find really good deals that you can find elsewhere across the U.S. Do you mind traveling? That would be your best bet to get a really great deal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It would basically be the same because I would have travel costs, time, then registration in CA (taxes). I have thought about it, but in the end I feel like the drawbacks outweigh the benefits. Also, I am not 100% sure but any car new or used has to do a smog check in order to register it in CA from another state.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Come to Texas or buy used. There are way too many amazing deals on used 14-15's to justify taking the major loss on a new 16. I wouldn't recommend spending that on a GTR right now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want a used $100k+ car. If I am going to pay that price for a car it will be new. I was wondering if anyone has any negotiation tips in order to get below the $107,000.00 for 2015 BE SS.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Patience. Find the one you want, go to buy it, and walk if they don't come down to what you want it for. I've done it, I always get the price I want. I sign a couple things, they see my credit, my down payment, then they show me the final price and I say no, the. We go back and forth bla bla, sometimes it takes a few hours, and usually I get it for around invoice or $500 above, worst case

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They say that I am asking for back of invoice. I say the car has been on your lot for 8 months. I have walked 8 different times at 8 different dealerships. I have patience. This has been going on for months now...

·
2015 BE Gun Metal Grey Stock
73 Posts
I am going the route of calling dealers and telling them that I want the car shipped here (Scottsdale/Phoenix) at my price. We will see how that goes, however everything is negotiable. If you have driven the car, you just need to see some pictures. Title will confirm it is new, tell them to pay for the car freight and you have solved your traveling issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might just bite the bullet and pay the 107 out the door with tax, dealer fees, destination etc...

I don't want to but I don't see a viable alternative.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Come to Texas or buy used. There are way too many amazing deals on used 14-15's to justify taking the major loss on a new 16. I wouldn't recommend spending that on a GTR right now.
I'm shopping for a gtr and I'm in texas, but I'm not sure which ones are considered amazing deals. Can you tell me what numbers are considered good deals for 14-15 models or even provide me with a few links? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I might just bite the bullet and pay the 107 out the door with tax, dealer fees, destination etc...

I don't want to but I don't see a viable alternative.

This is one of the downsides to living in SoCal. Prices on pretty much everything are higher (i.e., cars, insurance, etc.) than the rest of the U.S. Definitely got to pay to live out here.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I would say to check out True Car but I noticed that their prices have come up quite a bit since i bought mine. The 10k incentive was in full swing though during that time and was what helped me get the deal I got. I highly doubt dealerships will come down that low again unless the incentives come back or you get lucky somehow.

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
If you're dead stuck on buying new, you're going to have to travel to find the best deal. The deals are out there. Call the dealership, tell them you have cash (or financing) all set, and that you just want to come pick it up--IF, you can agree on a price. Someone will work with you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey man, I was in the same boat as you about a month ago. I'm from CA as well. There was only one dealer around my area who had a 2015 SS Black Edition. I have no idea exactly how long it's been on their showroom floor, but the thing was out of battery. The first time I went I offered them 90k lol. I wanted to gauge what their rock bottom price was, see at what price I can get the sales manager to come out and give me his spiel. Of course, they let me walk at 90k.

Next week I went in and offered 95k and that got the sales manager to come out. Shoot, by that time I thought it was a deal. However, he wouldn't budge below 99,000. I assume he'll let it sit on that lot as long as possible until some person comes along and takes it for their non-negotiated price around 105-107.

That same day I just happened to be on craigslist and found a guy who was selling his 2016 White BE for 94k with 850 miles. Not the color I originally wanted but hell, 94k for a 2016 black edition? That's a steal. I guess what I'm trying to say and what others are saying, be patient lol. You'll find a dealer or someone who will let it go at the price you want.

-Myke

·
Registered
506 Posts
I bought my 15 BE back in July and when I went into the dealership they didn't have the car at the their location because their dealership has 6 locations in San Diego. We sat and talked numbers and I brought up TrueCar with the printouts. The salesman and the sales manager both got very defensive and said that the the figures they provide are inaccurate and that's why they're currently being sued. Of course it was a line of bull because it brought the car value way down from sticker. I also had done a search of SOCAL to check dealer inventory. There was a dealership in Laguna Niguel with the identical car for $101k. Mossy wanted $107k. After almost 2 hours I managed to get them down to the $101k. I know that I paid a little more then I should have, but I figured I saved the hassle of driving north to the other dealership and I was keeping the car for a while. The dealership will always get you on the additional items (extended warranty, sealants, pre-paid service) to get their real profit.

So, I guess my point is when you walk into the dealership or calling them just have your mind set on a figure that you're willing to spend and then start negotiating. If you want the car just remember how far you're willing to go to get it and be prepared to walk away. As I told the sales manager, there's wants and there's needs. This car is definitely a want and walking away is much easier at that point.

Good luck.

Sent from my VS986 using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.