Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am considering a 2015 GMG with 5.8k miles for $75.9k.

CarFax checked out, Nissan service did not get any hits on the VIN (no warranty violations) and it is being sold by a non-Nissan dealer.

Trying to arrange for a PPI tomorrow as I am traveling to the location for a separate reason on Saturday.

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/18ACC7D8

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Yes. Good deal. Why the hell would someone buy that car for 100k OTD (est.) and sell it 6 months (est.) later at a 25k loss. Jeesus

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Yes. Good deal. Why the hell would someone buy that car for 100k OTD (est.) and sell it 6 months (est.) later at a 25k loss. Jeesus
Because Nissan dropped a 10K incentive which dealerships then eroded the price down to as low as 85K and then Nissan dumped a bunch of 15' off lease into the mix for extremely low sales at the auctions. They dropped the value even more.

· Registered
2,116 Posts
I just don't understand why people sell so quick other than for getting over their head with payments. It makes you wonder if that's happening so much why banks lend to these idiots? Reminds me of the housing market crash. It seems like the late model GT-R's are going through something similar.

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Seriously. It's gross. This market for GTR's is alllll screwed up. Makes me almost miss my Supra ha. But the GTR is such a beast

I just don't understand why people sell so quick other than for getting over their head with payments. It makes you wonder if that's happening so much why banks lend to these idiots? Reminds me of the housing market crash. It seems like the late model GT-R's are going through something similar.

· Pumps one and two, hit 'em!
321 Posts
This is one of the best deals going. I considered this car until I found the Pearl White 2015 at Evanston Nissan and just had to have it.

You may not be able to grind them on this price. They have a lot of inventory, peek at how long they have had it from the carfox.

Ask them for a list of repairs if any. Helps you understand a little of how it was treated.

The dealership reviews did turn me off a little since I was shipping to California. Too busy at work to travel. :(

I hope it all checks out and good luck!

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is one of the best deals going. I considered this car until I found the Pearl White 2015 at Evanston Nissan and just had to have it.

You may not be able to grind them on this price. They have a lot of inventory, peek at how long they have had it from the carfox.

Ask them for a list of repairs if any. Helps you understand a little of how it was treated.

The dealership reviews did turn me off a little since I was shipping to California. Too busy at work to travel. :(

I hope it all checks out and good luck!
Thanks man excellent advice... I am worried about the Yelp reviews too but I have USAA financing and won't be doing it there and have lined up the local Nissan dealer for a PPI. The low price compared with the other GTRs on the lot have me somewhat concerned but I have absolutely no issue walking away. I am coming down from NC for the Falcons game and it will be great if this deal works but NBD if not. Those were some funny Yelp reviews though.

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks... The car is a previous lease so I am going to be looking at the PPI very hard and I am a bit nervous... It's not quite ideal but if it checks out I will be buying today.

Here is a question, drove a 2014 track edition which had horrendous transmission noise and then a 3015 premium which did not... Was nonexistent except at low speed and then just briefly... Is this difference between the model years normal? It's one of the things I will be paying attention to today... I would never buy that 2014 one, was annoying after about five feet!

· Registered
2,116 Posts
I know some of the 14's have been known to have bad transmissions or leaks. There was a bad batch of seals produced. Maybe that one was low on fluid due to leaking which may be causing the extra noise?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.