Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Take the discounts/rebates and buy the '15 for a lower price. You are just paying retail for a '16 and will take a hit once you drive off the lot. Better yet, buy someone's stock used 15 with warranty and save more money.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If I remember correctly, 2016 reviews have been less than stellar. Many complain the 2016 is too soft. I believe there is a thread on here discussing it.

With prices on low mileage 2015's dipping into the 70's, you would be crazy to pay that depreciation on a 2016. I say go for a 2015.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If I remember correctly, 2016 reviews have been less than stellar. Many complain the 2016 is too soft. I believe there is a thread on here discussing it.

With prices on low mileage 2015's dipping into the 70's, you would be crazy to pay that depreciation on a 2016. I say go for a 2015.
I wouldn't go saying "reviews". It's was one negative rag article most likely driving the car in comfort mode, then complaining that it rolled too much etc...

OP you are going to have try them both out for yourself.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I know for the 16 MY they further refined the suspension (mostly for comfort mode), decreased brake noise, and of course those 20 spoke wheels which I don't care for either (would be too hard to clean). I also read something about Nissan adding a red horizontal light to the rear diffuser.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I wouldn't go saying "reviews". It's was one negative rag article most likely driving the car in comfort mode, then complaining that it rolled too much etc...

OP you are going to have try them both out for yourself.
Heavier, softer and slower.. The first two are from Nissan - the third is a obvious result.. Depressing and silly ? Sure - but softer and heavier do not go well with faster.

·
Registered
240 Posts
"revised damper rates for the shock absorbers and modified ECU settings. The new Dunlop run-flat tires with improved inner structure also contribute for better stability at high speeds and increased stability over uneven road surfaces. Improved ride quality is yet another feat that comes with the new rubber."
- Nissan's press release

3922 lbs 2016 weight stated

3844 lbs 2015 weight stated

3814 lbs 2013 weight stated

Hopefully you mean proof of weight and suspension changes. If you mean weight and softer suspension equals slower then the conversation is sadly done - it's unfortunate that they're suggesting it's improved when they actually just mean more comfortable..

MC any chance you have more specific details? Also super interested in when this new track version comes out.

NathanW

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
15 or 13

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
3922 lbs 2016 weight stated

3844 lbs 2015 weight stated

3814 lbs 2013 weight stated
I wonder what they added for MY16 to cause an almost 80lb weight increase? Must be noise dampening material.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Its still plenty fast- Just rides nicer. I have a 15' and the comfort mode would be a plus to anyone who uses theirs as a DD. I'd take the 15' wheels over the 16 any day.

·
R35 Member
287 Posts
I depends on the deal you are getting, I just got my 2016 and I got an exceptional deal on a 16, the lowest I could find for a 15 was around 90-92k. I would pay extra for a 16 only if you gotten a deal on it but not 10k. Some dealers are willing to work with you on the best price they can. I did all of my deals though the phone since I was in a totally different state did not needed to step foot into a dealer.

·
R35 Member
287 Posts
And those horrid ass wheels!
I first did not like the wheels all all but now it had grown on me, it is a lot hard to clean since the spokes are closer together but they do kinda match the car if you get use to it and plus you can tell its a 16 over the older years

·
Registered
19 Posts
This question was one I was asking myself last week before going with my 2015. I couldn't find that much of a reason to settle for the higher price tag of the 2016 so I went with the slightly cheaper option of a new 2015 that was discounted. Couldn't be happier.

If there was some significant differences then I'd say 2016.

·
Registered
316 Posts
From everything I've read 2015 is the best year period. You get the upgraded lights, speedometer and headliner. Few reviews say the 2016 has "softer" suspension if slight oversteer if that's what you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts