Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
fun haver
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2015 headlights installed today.

We found out that the GREY wire is the wire for the Thunder bolt (not the brown one)

We determined which wire of the plug from the car will go to the GREY wire of the plug of the headlights. On the passenger side it's the BIG ORANGE wire, on the driver side, it's the BIG RED wire. We tested to see which wires in the headlights areas have power when the car is on and just hook those two BIG ORANGE AND RED WIRES with those.

Passenger side zoom out

Passenger side zoom in

Driver side zoom in

RESULTS

Not sure if ppl can really see the thunder bolt in the day light, When I drive behind others, I only see the LED reflected on the cars in front of me but not the thunderbolt.

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts
Looks great!

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Very cool--looks good!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Thanks! Great info. Bookmarking now for future reference

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
thanks for the DIY! I would recommend posi-taps connectors, makes for a much cleaner connection.

·
fun haver
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This would solve the problem.
http://bit.ly/1p7W2z4

It's very labor consuming though. Another couple of hundred $ for those two thunder bolt.

·
fun haver
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
261 Posts
What's the default behavior? Thunderbolt is on when parking lights are on?

·
fun haver
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's the default behavior? Thunderbolt is on when parking lights are on?
Thunderbolt is on when headlight is on. Doesn't quite matter since we cannot see the thunderbolt in day light.

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts
Yup I was bummed when taking pics of one. Even in semi shade you can't see it :(

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
Great write up, hopefully I can get my hands on a set soon.

Oh that's really disappointing
I mean at night its super bright no? I mean during the day for my LED its always on, the only reason you can see it is because its 6 individual LED if it were one bar like the thunderbolt it would be difficult to see as well.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.