Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an incident and my passenger headlight mounts are both broken. The light itself is fully functional and not marked up.

Would a pre 2015 headlight housing work to replace the 2015 housing? (Black plastic that has the mounting tabs attached). I'm thinking it would much cheaper to utilize the backside of a 2014 or earlier headlight to repair the current one.

Or...does anyone know where to get parts? I'm fairly certain Nissan only sells them as a complete assembly.

Cheers.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not at home until Friday. The tabs that are broken are that ones that attach to main bolts that secure the housing to the car. Both visible as soon as you open the hood.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anything ever come of this?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yes 2015 headlights work on all R35 GT-R's.

Also, to the OP. The tabs can be easily be repaired using a method called "plastic welding" check You Tube for videos. Might not be the best looking method, but sure beats gluing them. Which will always break.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks. I have already installed 2015 lights. I just wanted to confirm if the housing from a 2014 and earlier could be swapped to work with the 2015 bulb assembly etc. I had a cracked mount on my 2015 assembly, but it has since been resolved. As someone suggested above I had someone plastic weld the mount. It's solid now.
��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts