Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Former two-time second generation ('09 & '11) CTS-V owner here. I can't believe the next generation, 2016 CTS-V will be over $90K. I actually went on the Cadillac site and built one on a whim, and it came to $98K! I didn't check off every option box either. I'm wondering how many people will opt for the ATS-V instead, or go with a newer model second generation (2012+) CTS-V? Some may also consider the Charger Hellcat. Anyway, weren't the first CTS-V's around $60K when they debuted in 2009? At the same time, the 2009 GT-R was in the low $70K range (not counting dealer markups), so to keep things in perspective, the GT-R is now well over $100K, and there's no telling how high Nissan will price the R36. But still, almost 100 grand for a CTS-V? What do you all think about that?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think with all the issues the Z06 is having I hope they get the cooling figured out on these. I love the look, love the car, just don't know about the price just yet.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's seems we are going into another horsepower war... The more horsepower they throw in the car the more we have to pay and will pay... But in reality, we the consumer are the ones dictating the hike prices we are seeing. If the car is selling faster than they can produce it the cost goes up and will remain high.

Once there are several manufactures producing 600 to 700hp cars and there is a lot more to choose from (ie Tesla P90D) the cost will become stagnant...maybe even drop slightly.

I think the next generation will be all about electric powered performance vehicles that will slowly make combustion engines into antiques. Or collectibles ... That's why I'm holding onto my R35 as long as I can..

iPhone 5
GTR LIFE

·
Registered
200 Posts
Such a nice car but the price is quite high. I think the market for performance sedans that make serious horsepower may be growing. You can still haul the kids, use for some DD duties and still kick some ass. It's a lot easier to justify than a dedicated sports coupe.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I also believe the CTSV is a nice car!
Many options for your money.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At $85K or above for a vehicle, I would still be leaning heavily towards a GT-R, all things considered. I'll probably be selling my GT-R soon, and lay low with my Stage II S4 for a couple of years, until I've saved enough for another supercar. Whether that is the R36 or not depends upon a lot of factors between now and the next two or three years. If I were thinking about another Cadillac, I may consider the ATS-V, too. I would definitely drive both that and the CTS-V before making a choice, of course. My impression is that the ATS-V would be a very nimble, very fast V, while the CTS-V would be a big sledgehammer, but fast as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I did the same as mid-life and priced out a cts-v a couple weeks back. I've been a big Cadillac fan and had cts v's along with xlr v's in the past. Once I saw the $95k sticker I had optioned out, didn't want to spend $100k+ for a RS7, already owned an M5, I got a Charger Hellcat for 72k fully loaded. It was a pain in the ass to find one especially in white and for sticker, but I found one and it should be delivered Wed. I figured I buy it now and if I don't like it, I can get out of it fast enough before it looses much. Some dealers are asking $20k+ over sticker. I'm not a fan of the ATS personally. I got a feeling the cts v's will drop like a brick like the Z06. You can already get a 2015 Z06 for 12K+ off. I even got a dealer that offered me $7k off a brand new 2016.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I did the same as mid-life and priced out a cts-v a couple weeks back. I've been a big Cadillac fan and had cts v's along with xlr v's in the past. Once I saw the $95k sticker I had optioned out, didn't want to spend $100k+ for a RS7, already owned an M5, I got a Charger Hellcat for 72k fully loaded. It was a pain in the ass to find one especially in white and for sticker, but I found one and it should be delivered Wed. I figured I buy it now and if I don't like it, I can get out of it fast enough before it looses much. Some dealers are asking $20k+ over sticker. I'm not a fan of the ATS personally. I got a feeling the cts v's will drop like a brick like the Z06. You can already get a 2015 Z06 for 12K+ off. I even got a dealer that offered me $7k off a brand new 2016.
Perfect color choice. What options did you get on the car? Loving the idea of that vehicle

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got the ivory pearl paint, customer preferred pack, black laguna leather group, harmon kardon, sunroof, 20 inch brass monkey, u connect 8.4 touch screen. I think its pretty much fully loaded. I didn't really get to choose my options since I didn't order it, but it has everything I would have wanted.
Don't know how true this is but I've heard from a bunch of different people that they will raise the price for 2016 as they see dealers making a lot of money off of mark ups. There was 900 hellcat order that Chrysler recently cancelled because they couldn't fulfill them.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think at over 90k there are a lot of cars to choose from that are both powerful and also Lux sedan, ie. maserati, M5, Amg stuff and even alfa has a 4 door coming. I think their customer base will purely be Caddy fan boys (not that theres anything wrong with supporting and being loyal to the brand you like, I do the same thing)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I think it's funny with all these domestic horsepower wars going on. Porsche straight up came out and said they don't plan on adding anymore hp to their future cars. They are shifting their focus to weight saving materials and of course better handling. Hp can only get you so far until the corner comes up lol

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I think it's funny with all these domestic horsepower wars going on. Porsche straight up came out and said they don't plan on adding anymore hp to their future cars. They are shifting their focus to weight saving materials and of course better handling. Hp can only get you so far until the corner comes up lol
Driver skill trumps hp.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I just built one and it came out to 95k .. I think that's a bit much. And I opted out on the $5,500 carbon fiber package hahaha

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Damn sucks. Less and less options for us middle class folks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I recently picked up a 911 turbo s and have a techart lowering kit on it and I don't know how Porsche can make a better handling car. I've owned a lot of cars including a Huracan and the Porsche is perfect.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I recently picked up a 911 turbo s and have a techart lowering kit on it and I don't know how Porsche can make a better handling car. I've owned a lot of cars including a Huracan and the Porsche is perfect.
Yes >>> The 991 version is amazing. Did you get a 997.2 or more recent model Turbo S.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The Hellcat is apparently in HIGH demand and the dealerships cannot keep up with the demand. Hence the 20k over sticker right now.

However they plan on increasing the production of the Hellcat tremendously next year. I would follow the market closely if you plan on selling the Hellcat soon. If they increase the production numbers the Hellcats value "may" start to diminish. Especially once the used market catches up...

iPhone 5
GTR LIFE

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Hellcat is apparently in HIGH demand and the dealerships cannot keep up with the demand. Hence the 20k over sticker right now.

However they plan on increasing the production of the Hellcat tremendously next year. I would follow the market closely if you plan on selling the Hellcat soon. If they increase the production numbers the Hellcats value "may" start to diminish. Especially once the used market catches up...

iPhone 5
GTR LIFE
Definitely agree with you on this. That's why I wouldn't pay over sticker. I think Dodge will increase the price on the 2016's so hopefully the 15's won't lose much...

·
Registered
760 Posts
The CTS-V out the door pricing for a new loaded example in a year will likely be in the mid to high '80s as others have mentioned. At that price it would be my choice over an m5, e63, or rs7 as all those cars would be in the $110k to $120k range fully speced. I also suspect the -V will be the best handling of its cohort given its lower curb weight and magnetic shocks. Loved my first gen cts-v although I was glad it was leased given the 1st gen was half baked in design and reliability.

But I am out of the 4 door sedan game now so it doesn't really matter. Trying to convince my wife to go with a hipo wagon to repace her GL diesel as the family truckster. Unless Caddy bring back the CTS-V wagon looks liek the e63 is the only player now in that niche segment. In my mind, the GL63 is just too heavy to make efficient use of the extra AMG power.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts