Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a few search but would like to know... You remember in march 2010 for example, you were able to buy a 2011 GTr... A 2012 GTr could be purchased in january-february 2011 and so on... If I purchase another GTr (sold my 2012) in march 2016, will it be called a "2017 GTr" or they changed that!?

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,487 Posts
You are correct...the US model year is selling in the way you described.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
193 Posts
I worked this one out recently with some help from others here.
If you buy a GTR in 2016 that has a build plate stamped 2016 and you are in North America, it will be considered a 2017. I'm sure there must be a reason for this but it really makes no sense at all.
The rest of the world would call it a 2016 simply because it has a stamped plate under the hood that says its a 2016.
Other parts of the world also refer to the series number. For example the GTRs that have been built in the factory for all of 2015 are called the series 7 GTR.
Depending on if there are changes from this November then the 2016 builds may be a series 8

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are now in march and dealer says that no GTr are built this year until june for a 2017 model... All of the GTr now are built mid-2015 so stamped 2016... Anybody can confirm that they are indeed not producing any GTr this year in march-april?

· Registered
819 Posts
The refreshed GT-R won't be seen until the auto show at the end if this month, and I would not expect them to start showing up until late summer as 2017's.

· Registered
819 Posts
It's being unveiled March 25 at the NY auto show.....but not sure what the lag time would be from the show to release.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.