Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from South Florida! Got my black 2016 GT-R Premium last month after spending weeks reading threads from this forum which were invaluable in helping me make my decision and setting expectations as to what kind of car the GT-R would be. Many thanks to all of you!

I've only put 400 miles on the car in 1 month, I avoid taking it out in the rain (lots of that right now in Florida). I got the windows tinted and the bumper, full hood and full front fenders wrapped using Suntek coated film. Am abiding by the stringent break-in procedure for now, but am looking forward to taking it to the track next month once I get passed 600 miles.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome! Do you have DBA wheels or the new 2016 wheels on it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

GTRRRRR, I have the 2016 wheels, not the ugliest but a step down from the 2015 wheels for sure. Hopefully I won't have them for long, I would like to upgrade wheels and exhaust to start.

Diego, I agree, it would be fun to meet up, I'm in Martin County.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Where in Martin County? I work in Jupiter and drive often to Stuart Airport

·
Registered
10 Posts
GTRRRRR, I do the opposite, I'm in Stuart and often drive to Jupiter.

I got the Suntek done at Clear Shield Protection in Palm City. I researched feedback for both Xpel Ultimate and Suntek Coated on this forum, but couldn't really decide. Joe, the owner of Clear Shield Protection, is very knowledgeable, passionate about his trade and pays great attention to detail. I am very satisfied with his work. Joe has extensive experience with both Xpel and Suntek. After some testing, we determined the Suntek film was better for a black car. Check out his website clearshieldprotection.com, it has a lot of useful info. There's also a link to his facebook page where he has pics of my GT-R (and many others) getting wrapped.

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.