Nissan GT-R Forum banner

2016 Nismo ?

4K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  r35gtr7 
#1 ·
who has one? and how do they "ride" / drive on the street ?

are they 100% track car or are they pretty nice - to drive on the street.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
there are some good opinions here

http://www.gtrlife.c...ismo-questions/

but a quick answer is no its not a 100% track car. the overall driving feeling is the same as a standard GTR the biggest daily driver differences would be the harder suspension that trammels a bit on roads and the consideration of the rarity of the car as there is $60K worth of carbon fiber on the car and it would be a ordeal to replace

#7 ·
its not about the driving experience itself as its very similar in most aspects to the normal GTR and those are daily driven all the time. the only driving differences are the suspension and steering feel and those shouldnt affect daily driving too much. but the big thing to consider is about daily driving is where its parked at and commuted to. leaving the car out all day would be an issue for me. its more of a eye catcher or target car. the big carbon wing is just begging for someone to come by and lean on or pull down on or just all the exposed carbon. if you priced the replacement parts its on a whole different level of insane.

so the act of driving the car itself isnt a big deal as its not some track car with no radio A/C ect but with barely 100 cars in existence in the US and a scarcity of replacement parts that would be the main hang up not the driving part

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
420's right -- just got off the phone with my guy, and he said same. Only white, black & silver -- did say there was a possibility for red w/ gold flake, but that he won't know that for 2-3 weeks. Price is $179,900 Cdn but that includes the titanium exhaust! I asked him to repeat that, maybe I misheard him, but he said it again....it is included!

#16 ·
For the same money get a McLaren, much cooler

#21 ·
Depends a lot on if they keep making them. 50 or so a year is a drop in the bucket but that the same time its a small market for these things and having 100 floating around vs 300-400 makes a difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.