Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
R35 Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These 20 spoke wheels really bothering me in trying to keep it clean meaning more of the inside barrel of the wheel, I bought a wheel brush (speedmaster) but scared to use it because the brush don't seem to be soft at all scared it will scratch the wheel.. I had used the sonax wheel cleaner but it don't seem to remove the brake dust inside the barrel of the wheel

·
Forza Felipe
1,716 Posts
These 20 spoke wheels really bothering me in trying to keep it clean meaning more of the inside barrel of the wheel, I bought a wheel brush (speedmaster) but scared to use it because the brush don't seem to be soft at all scared it will scratch the wheel.. I had used the sonax wheel cleaner but it don't seem to remove the brake dust inside the barrel of the wheel
the speed master brush will not scratch your wheels at all. I've been using them for years and 1000 of other detailers as well. Also I am sure members will vouch for me when it comes to detailing know how. Happy motoring and detailing brother.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
the speed master brush will not scratch your wheels at all. I've been using them for years and 1000 of other detailers as well. Also I am sure members will vouch for me when it comes to detailing no how. Happy motoring and detailing brother.
+1

·
Forza Felipe
1,716 Posts
Damn you guys a ruthless. The man just bought his car and your crucifying his rims which he obviously wants to take care of so let him get the advice he needs and let's all move on. No need to give the guy shit for asking a very simple and straightforward question

·
R35 Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn you guys a ruthless. The man just bought his car and your crucifying his rims which he obviously wants to take care of so let him get the advice he needs and let's all move on. No need to give the guy shit for asking a very simple and straightforward question
No worries I would rather have the 15 or older 10 spoke wheels but the wheels did grow on me.

Sent from my SM-N920T using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Sorry man, didn't mean any disrespect. You have a 2016 and I have a 2010 lol. Just making a joke as those wheels haven't had a warm reception on here.

·
R35 Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry man, didn't mean any disrespect. You have a 2016 and I have a 2010 lol. Just making a joke as those wheels haven't had a warm reception on here.
Don't worry nothing taken. It's true not the best looking stock wheels out there :blink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wheels regardless of manufacturer are always finished with a hard clear coat. Your brush will be fine for it. Just use a good pH balanced wheel cleaning formula (P21S Wheel Gel), spray it on, let it soak (out of the sunlight). Dip your brush and a old MF towel into a bucket of car wash soap and water, agitate all over and rinse.

Or if the wheels are just too much of a PITA... get them 9h ceramic coated so they have an anti-cling effect and just repel gunk. Any gunk that does eventually find it's way to stay, again, P21s and then you can take a pressure washer to them to get rid of the gunk. No need for a brush which saves the entire headache you started with. Just use common sense and don't focus 3000psi on a single spot, use a fan setting and you'll be fine!

Been detailing cars for 10+ years, hope this helps!

·
Registered
193 Posts
No worries I would rather have the 15 or older 10 spoke wheels but the wheels did grow on me.

I'm with you man. I didn't like the wheels and purchased some BE wheels which I have now not put on as the 20 spoke have grown on me as well. I have gun grey so they are a good match. Plus everyone comments on how much they like the wheels!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't worry nothing taken. It's true not the best looking stock wheels out there :blink:

Yea we like the wheels coz we got a 2016!!!
My 2016 being my third GTR. Had the older models and after driving my first 2000 miles it's a huge improvement from my 09 and 13.
It's a brand new model with brand new wheels. Now let's hear from the people that have purchased a 2016 and complain about the wheels. Oh there are none coz they all driving old models. Lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Don't clean them, throw em in the bin and get something decent!

·
Forza Felipe
1,716 Posts
I actually just saw my first 16 at local dealers ship in silver did not look bad at all. The older ones look better but the 16s looked good

1 - 20 of 28 Posts