Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just put a Maxima wheel in..No one will notice the difference.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Anyone retrofit it yet?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I contacted a eBay seller who is selling the 17+ Nismo steering wheel. Here is what he said

Good morning, I have not attempted to install a 17+ steering wheel onto a previous year R35. I believe the airbag harness is slightly different and would required to be hardwired. As far as the paddles, once wired they should work but I also think a few other parts maybe required. Thank you for reaching out and let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The older style shift paddle has 2 pins connecting to it. Im guessing the newer spiral cord must have 4 additional pins for the shifter paddles. If we could find those out, we will be able to slice the wires making a connection back to the 2 pin connector.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is easily doable.
Awesome, I figured you could. I've PM,ed but figured more people on the forum would need this info. Basically what all is needed besides the obvious wheel and airbag? Clock spring, harnesses, etc...? Thanks for the insight man. Oh and do all buttons on wheel function properly?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I told you already via Pm, this job is easy. Everything bolts right on.
Every time you change your steering wheel you will probably need an alignment though.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts