Nissan GT-R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1032 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Very interesting, I wonder if they say this now but come 6 months from now we find that they decided it would make more sense to just end production all together and focus on the R36?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seems to me like they need to just stop, and re-group for the r36

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very interesting, I wonder if they say this now but come 6 months from now we find that they decided it would make more sense to just end production all together and focus on the R36?
there is definitely a missing piece to the puzzle here we dont have as the tweaked front end was seen testing over a year ago and then nothing happened..we havent seen a single spy shot since and it was a no show at the TMS last week

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
The end of R35 GT-R production is nigh. So glad I bought when I did during the incentives.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
The R35 GT3 has had amazing success in motor racing this year. The Nismo R35 is a great machine, if seemingly overpriced. Time to end the R35 on a high note before it gets even more soft and outperformed by the competition. The R36 can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
there is definitely a missing piece to the puzzle here we dont have as the tweaked front end was seen testing over a year ago and then nothing happened..we havent seen a single spy shot since and it was a no show at the TMS last week
It's about time! What they gonna do, release one with 5-10 more hp and little face lift and expect 105-115 for it?! Sales would be bad!

This is my third GTR, had 10, 12 and now 14. I'm not getting another one until R36 comes out.

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes and that is the car in question its just if this report is correct we might not see it until late spring when usually they debut around now.

Will have to wait and see

·
Registered
645 Posts
am with others in this. just stop it and use all efforts in the R36. even if they will launch it 2018.
in this way they don't need to worry about all cars left not being sold and no need to push it. also this will stabilize the value of the car "somehow" in the market.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
am with others in this. just stop it and use all efforts in the R36. even if they will launch it 2018.
in this way they don't need to worry about all cars left not being sold and no need to push it. also this will stabilize the value of the car "somehow" in the market.
Yes, totally agree. I thought the whole reason to continue the R35 right into R36 production was to keep the factory open and jobs steady. Didn't MC say this a while back? Now that there's going to be a 6 month delay anyway, they might as well scrap the R35 for a year or two or three til the R36 comes out...

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I was told last year when I asked why they just didn't stop production that supplier contracts were in place and the plant which as you all know builds Infiniti and Z was production planned out years I'm advance for jobs ect

·
RSP fetish #23 GT-R driver
269 Posts
More stringent US crash regulations or overstock in US? Either way, good reason to stop the production and move on to a next chapter.
Who's anxious to get stiffer R35 chassis and face lifted front bumper? Adding another 5 fake HP wont help either.
As much as I love R35, hope this chapter is closed while some glory is still left.
It was a good run.
RIP R-35.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I'm on my third too. 09,13,15, although no lambo here

It's about time! What they gonna do, release one with 5-10 more hp and little face lift and expect 105-115 for it?! Sales would be bad!

This is my third GTR, had 10, 12 and now 14. I'm not getting another one until R36 comes out.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Amazing, same for me--'10, '12, now '14, but not going to do a fourth nearly identical car. Z06 issues have me waiting on R36 (maybe), unless a better alternative comes out sooner.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
If this is all true and Nissan needs to stop production because of new US standards why isnt Nissan still producing the GTR around the world? Or are they ?

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
If this is all true and Nissan needs to stop production because of new US standards why isnt Nissan still producing the GTR around the world? Or are they ?
They don't make different chassis cars for different markets. the US is the largest volume market so if a they needed to make a change it would be a comprehensive one

1 - 20 of 1032 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.