Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. What does the factory recommended engine oil fill for the 2020+ GTR?

So a while back the Mobil 1 0w40 FS formula no longer list Nissan GTR at their label, so wondering if Nissan has switched recommendations since then?

On the Mobile 1 website, their filter actually shows the ESP formula is the one for the GTR as supposed to the European formula, so wondering which version of the Mobil 1 you guys are using now if you still using Mobil 1.

Liquid Bottle Fluid Plastic bottle Bottle cap

·
Super Moderator
3,966 Posts

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
6,067 Posts
What does the 2020 manual indicate?

·
Registered
160 Posts
What does the 2020 manual indicate?
The 2021 manual still has the same wording as my 2009 manual. The only difference between the two was the addition of: "Furthermore, replacement of the engine oil with MOTUL NISMO COMPETITION OIL type 2193E(5W40) is recommended for the frequent high performance driving opportunities. NISSAN cannot ensure proper engine operation and durability if other nonequivalent synthetic oil is used." Therefore, since Mobil 1 0W-40 FS was recommended for the original 2009 model and the wording hasn't changed as of the 2021 model, I would assume that it is still the recommended oil.

2021 Manual
Font Material property Newspaper Publication Screenshot

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
6,067 Posts
I would say so too yes.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
I personally don't use M1 anymore but did stock up on the old M1 when discontinued just in case. Even though the new FS formulation doesn't list the GTR on the label of the bottle, I believe someone posted the data a few years back that showed it was at least equivalent to the old formulation or better in most of not all categories. A search between 2016-2018 should turn up some results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts