Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Is anyone else shopping around for a new 2020?

I have finally gotten to a point where i can actually buy the car and been talking to some dealerships.

One thing that i come to realize is that even though they may have their cars listed with some discount when you actually talk to them the price goes up.

I was looking at a Blue 50th adv in Melbourne FL and cars.com has it listed as 107k but the dealership came back with 116k.

I would think they be willing to sell quick, but maybe since there isn't any news of the 2021 models they are holding tight.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Also ST Charles Nissan has a white 50th adv. I was quote 105k + tax over the phone so if someone likes the white it maybe a good opurtunity.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Is 116k with TTL out the door?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That 105K is the lowest I've seen on New 20's... actually their add has it at 103 and some change...Could be wrong but I don't see them letting it go at 105k...Happy Hunting

·
Registered
201 Posts
I paid $113k for mine, gray with amber leather interior. I looked at the 50th Anniversary but do not like their exterior looks nor do I like the interior color or material.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
The Bayside Blue one was enticing at the advertised price. Their advertised price, I read somewhere, is based on the max incentives someone could "potentially" qualify for. If a prospective buyer doesn't qualify for some of those offers, the price starts increasing. Disingenuous way of advertising.

The white one is a great deal without the BS but the interior on both is not a favorite for most. Exterior is an easy fix.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Love my black 20. The transmission is a bit more quiet and the turbos and exhaust a bit louder than my 17 👍👍

·
Registered
2022 Mexico Blue M4 Comp xDrive
340 Posts
Looks like I'm late for this party... :D

Yes, the St. Charles is selling today for $99,998. + Tax & Lic.

To buy it at that price they want you to finance a good chunk of the car's price. Still, a good deal, but when you have to make 4 or five payments before you can pay it off without penalties, some of the discounts go out the window.

Funny, I almost bought a used 2014, black, BE, with 3,000mi!!! and transmission replaced at 2,700mi!!! A beauty! with paint correction. For $75K

I came in to the dealership with a personal check on hand and ready to deal. However, the dealership committed one of the GREATEST USED CARS SALESMAN SINS... They made me wait for almost 2hr waiting to figure out how to close the deal (it was a consignment and they did not have the title, and the owner was hard to get a hold of). Yes, not the dealer's fault at all.

But during those two hours, the rush and adrenaline to buy the car faded away and the thoughts of justifying dropping $78K (OTD price) on a used, 2014 BE, black (not my color), were not there any more. Even my wife was like... WTF!!! I thought I told you to get it... :D then I reasoned with her and finally saw it my way.

The car is a 10 out of 10 in general terms.

From my personal taste, not being the color that I wanted, and black being the least likable color, I would have given it a 9 out of 10. BLACK does not accentuate the GTR's curves... Sorry, personal opinion.

So... I'm back on the market.

Dealers are treating these automotive antiquities like gold, and private sellers as well. I know. I used to be one. But I sold it for what the market was willing to pay at the time; no hard feelings.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Hey All,

Is anyone else shopping around for a new 2020?

I have finally gotten to a point where i can actually buy the car and been talking to some dealerships.

One thing that i come to realize is that even though they may have their cars listed with some discount when you actually talk to them the price goes up.

I was looking at a Blue 50th adv in Melbourne FL and cars.com has it listed as 107k but the dealership came back with 116k.

I would think they be willing to sell quick, but maybe since there isn't any news of the 2021 models they are holding tight.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Also ST Charles Nissan has a white 50th adv. I was quote 105k + tax over the phone so if someone likes the white it maybe a good opurtunity.
I live in Melbourne and I've seen that GT-R in the showroom. Nissan of Melbourne doesn't carry GT-R's very often and when they do they have a tendency to not back off on pricing. They had one three years or so ago and they were treating it like it was a Pagani, ha-ha. Anyway, good luck on the sale. I'm currently looking myself but am also cross shopping with MB AMG GT-C's.

·
Registered
2022 Mexico Blue M4 Comp xDrive
340 Posts
I live in Melbourne and I've seen that GT-R in the showroom. Nissan of Melbourne doesn't carry GT-R's very often and when they do they have a tendency to not back off on pricing. They had one three years or so ago and they were treating it like it was a Pagani, ha-ha. Anyway, good luck on the sale. I'm currently looking myself but am also cross shopping with MB AMG GT-C's.
They are!

The funny thing is that when they decide to use them as demo or as the manager's daily driver, they take the GTR up and down the block like a cheap you-know-what's panties. Racking a lot of miles and then wanting to sell them as NEW, with the pretext that it still has 0 miles on the warranty.

This is what happens when a budget car manufacturer decides to build a world class supercar and succeeds at it. They don't know whether to treat it as a Versa or a Bugatti.

The level of customer service I experienced out of the +20 or so Nissan dealerships is all over the chart but tending to lean towards the cheap-used car dealership side of the spectrum (i.e. hidden fees, false claims, lies, and pulling all the tricks on the book to make the sale). This is the only reason I keep looking for a decent manly-looking BMW, but at the end of the day, I keep gravitating back to the GTR, with its arguably the best Japanese Muscle Car look in the market.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah the one i actually got sat on the dealership floor for 200+ days. I just they finally get decided to let it go. I finalized the price at 112k for the GTR OTD was 116k including all fees.

Was gong to post pictures but the rain ruined my plans.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts