Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the process of rebuilding my motor, currently have SIR stage 3 v2 turbos (will be selling) and looking for a turbo setup that can run low low 3's if not high 2's 60-130. Not too concerned with 1/4mile times since this will be a fun street/roll race car, no plans on launching. Transient and spool will be important. Due to covid pricing I'm opting out of getting the billet crank at the moment so want to hear peoples suggestions and experience on turbos for a stock crank. Goal is between 1300-1500 awhp.

Turbos I've considered:

Elite Prime R's (used since no longer supported)
Xenith R's ($$$)
G35-900's
Linney 1400
Pro 1700 (overkill?)

Thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
If transient response is important, I would tend to steer you towards a stock frame turbo kit as they tend to perform better in that regard.

I had Elite Primes on my car and made just north of 1300...which can take a car to maaaybe the mid-3's for 60-130. Pending other factors like weight, DA, wheel and tire setup, etc.

The Elite Prime R variant would be a really nice fit but may be a bit much for the stock crank when set on kill.

Boost Logic 1200x is another option.

I'm sure others will chime in.

Reactions: mm3boost

·
Registered
161 Posts
Few people around here (including myself) running mid 3's with Primes on stock crank, the issue is you cant throw the tq in low on the sock crank you really have to rely on top end power to get your 60-130 down. The more top end power you have the worse your transient response is generally speaking, I agree with WideRide, I think id stick to a stock manifold setup, you will win more races on the street getting into power early than you will out powering cars on the top end. Looking at your signature there is a trans upgrade in your future too, you wont make it on stock gears.

What did you make and what were your 60-130 on the SIR's?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you make and what were your 60-130 on the SIR's?
Yes, trans upgrades are in the works. I never got a chance to dyno the old setup but it was advertised a little over 1000 whp. And my 60-130 was in the high 4's. I had heard about boost creep issues and breaking compressor wheels on big turbo/stock manifold setups. Have you guys experienced bad boost creep with these stock mani setups? Hoping I can safely run 93 when I don't have e85 on me.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think mine are on the higher side of the wastegate settings, I think Cicio said they usually strive for about 24psi ( good for 93) on the gate, mine makes about 27 =]. But I dont get boost creep at all, 3.5" downpipes help. I havent had a lot of runs on the setup yet, but I did 4.4x on wastegate e85 in about 95º temps 2500+DA

·
Registered
637 Posts
Did you ever look at the new AMS Omega line? It's based off the 2020 stock frame turbos whereas, they're a two-piece design. I believe AMS also said they changed some of the design to help prevent the boost creep. Based off of Garrett G-series turbos.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Reactions: gtrbillet

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you ever look at the new AMS Omega line? It's based off the 2020 stock frame turbos whereas, they're a two-piece design. I believe AMS also said they changed some of the design to help prevent the boost creep. Based off of Garrett G-series turbos.
Briefly, been hearing bad reps about AMS lately so figured I'd avoid them for now.

Go Pro1700/1300x. I ran about 48-49psi on a gen 2 35R kit on stock crank. Not sure what I made but it should be north of 1500
Pro1700/1300x/Xenith R all seem pretty similar in performance. I imagine on the street it would be hard to tell them apart by seat of the pants. But with having to replace my block I'll have to compromise so looks like I'll be picking up some elite prime's though next week or soon after. Hopefully their quicker spooling ability will make up for some of the top end power compromise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts