Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Registered
667 Posts
Wait until next year or later to get a more reliable Z06 Corvette.
GM will have the bugs worked out by then.
And you'll save money.

Reactions: crepr12

· Registered
10,314 Posts
^ I agree completely with the Z06 but not really a good analogy.

09 GTR was user based - launch after launch after no cool down toasted the trans. Get any transmission hot enough and it will fail.

09 and 22 have the same trans sans circlips and magnets - just different software and TCM module.

GM never fixed the heat soak in the old Z06 why do people think they will with this one ? Want to track it need aftermarket parts, not a big deal.

For those that haven’t sit in these - car is absolutely beautiful. At 6’5” my head hit the rear structural pillar with the race seats - top in or out.

Reactions: GTRheritage

· Registered
2015 GTR 1450whp 1100ft/lbs Cicio Built and Supported
32 Posts
It looks good, just need to see it in person and see what other options may be available. It will sell out no doubt.

· Registered
1,334 Posts
You can follow this speed phenom guy on youtube. He is doing a lot of videos on his new Z06. Put down 600 to the wheels and went 154 in the half mile. Just click on the video above and then his name and you can see all of them. He is a hardcore Corvette guy for sure.

· Registered
10,314 Posts
You pick up about 30mph+/- in trap speed from 1/4 for the 1/2.

For those that want to know a FBO GTR should have no issue to better that number.

That speedphenom guy got me when he couldn’t stop saying his 21” tires were the stickiest money buys - lmao.

· Registered
1,334 Posts
You pick up about 30mph+/- in trap speed from 1/4 for the 1/2.

For those that want to know a FBO GTR should have no issue to better that number.

That speedphenom guy got me when he couldn’t stop saying his 21” tires were the stickiest money buys - lmao.
He is very enthusiastic for this car, but he better be for $185,000 out the door. :cool::eek:

· Registered
10,314 Posts
^ yeah I was thinking the same thing but I think he’s like 22 years old and delivering media to other 20 year olds.

Ahhh to be young again lol

Wonder if these cars will take more power like the base car easily.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts