Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
We've done 10.5+25 on a lowered GT-R before with no rubbing issues. (This fitment is very aggressive though - very "flush.")

I think you should be okay with 9.5+19, as long as the wheels you are choosing can accommodate the brake calipers.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Have you tried to put these on yet?
Just curious on what tires would fit, such as 285s.
285mm wide tires are ok if using stock suspension but if lowered you have less clearance for the wider than stock tire. If you have tires that are wide but smaller in tire diameter you can get a little more clearance and if you run more front negative camber you can get more clearance.

Using 9.5" wide rims you would be at the limit mounting 285mm wide tires- not to say you cannot fit wider tires but it won't be optimal for performance or tire wear since the sidewalls would be stressed with rims that don't really fit well with a wide tire.

20x9.5 wheel et+19 would be very aggressive. I run 18x10 +22 and 305/30-18 or 295/30-18 tires on the track with lowered suspension - tires are flush with wheel well edge.

·
Slick Allstar
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
285mm wide tires are ok if using stock suspension but if lowered you have less clearance for the wider than stock tire. If you have tires that are wide but smaller in tire diameter you can get a little more clearance and if you run more front negative camber you can get more clearance.

Using 9.5" wide rims you would be at the limit mounting 285mm wide tires- not to say you cannot fit wider tires but it won't be optimal for performance or tire wear since the sidewalls would be stressed with rims that don't really fit well with a wide tire.

20x9.5 wheel et+19 would be very aggressive. I run 18x10 +22 and 305/30-18 or 295/30-18 tires on the track with lowered suspension - tires are flush with wheel well edge.
I figured as much and was hoping to have an answer before actually attempting to fit them. The wheels are on my G35, but it's a widebody (+10mm front/+50 mm rear).

·
Registered
284 Posts
We've done 10.5+25 on a lowered GT-R before with no rubbing issues. (This fitment is very aggressive though - very "flush.")

I think you should be okay with 9.5+19, as long as the wheels you are choosing can accommodate the brake calipers.
I wish this info were easier to find when I ordered my wheels. I went 20x10.5 +38 based on what I researched at the time but now I'm afraid it will be too conservative (running a 285/35).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts