Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I mean, I guess I will know in a few days (maybe a week or so).

But Everyone on the Infiniti forums is always looking to put the GTR's rims on their FX35, course never heard the FX50 guys trying to put the GTR rims on their FX's ... but what about the opposit? The FX infiniti rims are 21 inch factory rims. Since people can put the GTR rims on their FX35's why cant I put my Wife's 21 inch FX50's on my GTR ???

Might be cool. lol.

Its kinda sweet knowing wifes car and my car can interchange our 3 sets of rims/tires

Let me know (if you know)

Jon

·
Founder/Admin
26,231 Posts
well for one i bet they are heavy as shit and they look like SUV wheels .... #2 they are only 9.5 width all the way around so you would be running narrower than stock wheels in the back... also if you didnt swap tires they are on non high speed rated 265's with a 45 sidewall for a 21" wheel... your stocks are 35 on 20" so that would look terrible

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah, i would NOT change the tires, BUT its a 'all season' setup, so what if I just used them in the winter or something?

But yeah, I never thought about the 'heavy' factor.... hmmm...

The 9.5 all the way around, is just like running fronts all the way around.

Might still see what it looks like, hell for a laugh, see what a TRUCK GTR looks like.. hahha..

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Side note, what is 'their' Nagtroc site? I am not into getting on a ton of car sites, but I'd like to at least get on one of the 'nagtroc like' versions for the FX cars.

Thanks,

Jon

·
Founder/Admin
26,231 Posts
i googled infiniti FX forums and a few came up.. i have no clue which one is the most active .....

they are cool vehicles for sure though

my mom just got a 2012 FX35 last weekend... she upgraded from her 2009 ... she got black and the bright silver 20" wheels...... the refresh was subtle over the 09 but the grill is more aggressive and looks like the new JX a bit more

back to the wheels i would just get a extra set of OEMs with some all seasons if i need a spare... i think the 21"s on the FX would look pretty bad on the GTR

now these would look better lol

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
i googled infiniti FX forums and a few came up.. i have no clue which one is the most active .....

they are cool vehicles for sure though

my mom just got a 2012 FX35 last weekend... she upgraded from her 2009 ... she got black and the bright silver 20" wheels...... the refresh was subtle over the 09 but the grill is more aggressive and looks like the new JX a bit more

back to the wheels i would just get a extra set of OEMs with some all seasons if i need a spare... i think the 21"s on the FX would look pretty bad on the GTR

now these would look better lol
Yeah, I made my wife get the FX50. lol. She has never seen the car or driven it, but I told her thats the car I want her to have, so I bought it for her. lol. I am probably in the minority, but I actually like the 09-11 front end better then the 2012, the 2012 looks like a blow fish face or what your face looks like when you grandmother queezes it (when you were a kid). lol.

So I intentionally bought her a new 2011 this week, before they are all gone with the new 2012's taking their place.

I actually really like the 2012 and 2011 rims though, I think they look sweet, but 100% agree those nasty huge sidewall tires will most likely make it look like ass, but I know how I am, I'm going to do it, just to see

Hell, I will even put my Einkee winter tires on my wifes car, or even my stock 2010 near black rims on, just cuz its cool when you 'mix it up' a bit.

·
Founder/Admin
26,231 Posts
they have a special edition 2012 FX that has the same RAY color code blue as the GTRs it has like a smoke gray wheel that looks like a turbine fan blade... i think they are 21"s might be 20 i dunno

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
(Silver) FX50 2011 VS (Blue) FX50 2012 FACES (the silver photo shows the wheels i am talking about, i think they look GREAT!)

Attachments

·
Founder/Admin
26,231 Posts
yeah those are the wheels on the blue im talking about too..

the biggest difference in the face is the grill is straight in the 12.. where the one like my moms old 09 and your wifes 11 is it has that textured look... the sides where the grill meets are more pointed too... her car is black and you dont really notice as much as you would on a silver or something..

the side vents on my moms 12 are chrome where the 09s were like a painted silver... thats about it i think.. the interior has a better NAV ..its more like the one in the GTR now and the guage cluster is new

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
they have a special edition 2012 FX that has the same RAY color code blue as the GTRs it has like a smoke gray wheel that looks like a turbine fan blade... i think they are 21"s might be 20 i dunno
Yes, I LOVE the wheels on that Blue car too, thats what I was saying the 2011 and 2012 wheels look great (the special edition 2012 that is, the regular 2012 fx50 has the same wheels as the 2011 Fx50 I believe). I love them both really.

And yes, I got my wives car in black also.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Yeah, I think its that pointed Grill on the 2012 that doesnt do it for me, it just strikes me as being a little off. (not knockin on your moms car at all, just explaining why I picked the 2011 over the 2012), I could have gotten the 2012 for like 3 grand more, which honestly thats nothing. Just wanted the 2011.

But seriously, I am going to try those 21's from my wifes Fx50 (wont be here till next week, having it shipped) on my GTR. If they look good, I really might change the tires to GTR appropriate sizes and run 'em.

We'll see.

·
Founder/Admin
26,231 Posts
go for it.... i will post a flame suit for you when you do lol

since we are just talking about FXs now.... i personally hate the maple colored finish in the car... you can get like a gloss black but for some reason when you add in the tech or the deluxe packages you have to get the maple... ehh

it actually peeled off the doors in my moms 09 and infiniti had to replace it

i just remembered you were in chicago... thats where her 2012 FX came from coincidentally... the dealer in NC had to get it shipped from there as that was the only one packaged like she wanted they could find.... and it showed up with the front bumper drilled for plates... damn you illinois lol.. we got them filled though so its all good

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
OMG, I totally agree. We got the black leather interior, but agree on the maple accents. Yeah, we got tech package on her car.

And yeah, the front plate shit of good old illinois, look at my photo in my sig, you see i had to do it on my GTR, but no drilling, I used that adapter thing to put one on the tow hook hole.

Oh, and I dont expect or really care if I get flamed, everyone here is like family. I've made so many friends on here and delt with so many people from my buying and selling, anyone who gives me feedback, good or bad will be welcomed. Its not like I cant immediately go back, and hell it MIGHT not even work, there might be TOO much wheel and tire for it to fit without touching a fender. But I'm going to try

·
Registered
697 Posts
I've got an 09 FX50, curious to see how this looks. Your overall diameter is going to be a lot taller than the stock GTR set up. As for the FX itself. I friggen love it. i thought the tech package would be a novelty, but radar cruise control is handy during rush hour or on long drives. Set it at 80 mph and forget it. It actually out performed the Cayenne S in a Car and Driver test. (Mayeb Road and Track). Not the turbo cayenne obviously. I've got 24's on my FX in summer...Maybe I'll have to bolt them on the GTR just to get some pics.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Goodluck! Why not!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Goodluck! Why not!
Right my thoughts exactly.. why not.

And yeah, I kinda thought the Tech package was a little nutty, but that cruise control in traffic thing is nuts. Car will stop itself completely, creep along in bumper to bumper and then pick up and go 80mph (or w/e you set it at) all without you ever hitting the gas OR the brakes... nuts.

I bet it took a while to get used to it. Its a little uneasy of a feeling to let a car stop its self the first few times im sure

1 - 16 of 16 Posts