541 Posts
SSP did 217+MPH and AMS did 233.1MPH in the Texas mile last weekend

doing it on a wet pavement is ballsy tho

thanks for sharing

-AJ

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
iirc ssp did 218.6 just beating svm slightly... and svm did there mph in 1.1miles from a running start... but in the wet.
svm's goal is for the fastest gtr regardless if distance and how it got there... atm anyways.
the thread on gtr.co.UK is showing problems getting there still. i think there also going to have to work on aero seeing that all the usdm gtr's have problems over 200mph give or take.... i hope they are taking notes so they get it done the right way.

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
I'm confused. Looked at this vid and the other thread and it looks like two different noses. Are you guys running the Top Racing front bumper? Really curious because I am planning on some high speed events and was a little hesitant to run the TR nose because the TR team had only tested it to @180mph. Would be great to know if you guys ran the TR front bumper to 218 mph and if so if you modded it in any way for the high speed runs. Congrats again!!!

·
Seems Legit
2,476 Posts
On a wet surface at those speeds is incredible! Congrats to the Hulk

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
i remember them saying stock bumper was put back on for it.
That is correct, stock front bumper and stock rear wing for the top speed events. I think everyone should run the stock rear wing for high speed events. The body was designed with that element attached. The small reduction in drag by removing it is outweighed by the increased traction and safety of leaving it on IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.