Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I currently have the 285/335 tire combo in MPSS on 10x20 (+35) and 12x20 (+20) Advan GTs. I have stock ride height. Im looking to go with the Pilot 4S next. I see many are running 285/345 due to 335 not being available in 4S but a quick check on a tire calculator (below) indicates that the 295/345 tire combo is better and basically perfect in terms of aspect ratio to be most friendly to the GT-R all wheel drive system and is available in the 4S. Anyone running this setup? Rubbing issues with 295 on front? Perhaps I need new wheels with different offset?

Attachments

·
GuiTaR
433 Posts
Looks good on the calculator. It will only depend on whether the manufacturer's measurements are actually correct in the real world once fitted to a car and filled with air...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes but as its still the same tire manufacturer (Michelin) so real world should be the same and using the same calculator its still closer than both the popular 285/335 MPSS combination I have now and the 285/345 4S combo that others have started to use. I attached all 3 calculators below. Just looking to see if anyone else has this setup and their experience with it so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't yet. I will be going with this setup as others have had 295s on the front and my understanding is no rubbing issues with stock suspension.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I haven't yet. I will be going with this setup as others have had 295s on the front and my understanding is no rubbing issues with stock suspension.
That is correct

·
choose your destructor
431 Posts
I'm interested in this topic too. I currently have 8 month old Michelin 4S in 285/295 on stock wheels, but have a set of aftermarket 20x10 & 20x12 wheels on order. I'd rather keep my 285s up front and get a new set of 335 width rears, but the Michelin 4S isn't available in that size. Alternatively, I could move my 295s up front and pair them with new 345 rears - those tire diameters are actually closer on paper. My concern though is that 295s in the front just seem like overkill and put you at greater risk of rubbing. I'm currently FBO + E-85, but am in the queue for a turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The two tires have identical tread widths and nearly identical section widths (0.3" difference). The 335 is a slightly better fit for overall height as compared with stock (28" tall vs 28.2" tall). The 4S is known to be slightly narrower than the MPSS in the corvette realm.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm interested in people running the 295/345 setup. Any rubbing issues on stock suspension? Planning on getting some TE37's soon and prefer to run on the Michelin 4S's.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've seen some comments in another post where 295s have been mounted on the front with stock suspension and height and comments were no rubbing issues. Lots have the 345s on the rear with no issues. I'm going with the 295/345 setup. My current 285/335 MPSS setup will need replacement soon.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I've seen some comments in another post where 295s have been mounted on the front with stock suspension and height and comments were no rubbing issues. Lots have the 345s on the rear with no issues. I'm going with the 295/345 setup. My current 285/335 MPSS setup will need replacement soon.
The reason for using 295/35-20 for the front is to be closer in tire diameter to the 345 rear tire size, both are about 28.1-28.2" vs 285/35-20 which has tire diameter of 27.9". It's a small difference but something to consider.

OEM front wheels will fit either 285 or 295mm wide tire sizes OK, the rim width limits the tire even if it is molded in a wider tire size. The 285/35-20 is likely to be less expensive vs wider tires. If you have wider front tires like 20x10" then the 295/35-20 is fine for fitment.

With OEM suspension there is clearance in the front to avoid rubbing but with lowered suspension there can be risk for rubbing unless you use fully adjustable coilovers, then lower only enough to allow for no rubbing and perhaps adjust front camber for some clearance. Wheel offset is another factor for best fitment and clearance, not too aggressive to push the wheel outward (about 15-20mm poke in front will be flush).

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Yes but as its still the same tire manufacturer (Michelin) so real world should be the same and using the same calculator its still closer than both the popular 285/335 MPSS combination I have now and the 285/345 4S combo that others have started to use. I attached all 3 calculators below. Just looking to see if anyone else has this setup and their experience with it so far.
There actually is a difference between MPSS.....and Cup2s............ these charts are the correct way to evaluate before you buy them.. AutoX has run 295 square for years...

Wider tires will increase drag and will affect speed .........

·
Registered
41 Posts
TheGTR, are you running 295/345 tire setup yet? How is it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tires now mounted. I can barely tell the difference in the width if at all. The 4S 295/345 seem to be the same width as the MPSS 285/335. Poke looks pretty much the same.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts